Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    I had a chance today to go to a place called Princess Place. No, it's not a doll factory. It's an awesome place down near Bunnell. They have group camping spots. It's run by Flagler county and not the state so I don't know if there will be hanging issues or not.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WBBB dbl. 1.7
    Insulation
    Cheap Blue Pad
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    If your are talking about Princess Place next to Pelicer Creek and Faver-Dykes then I have heard good things. I haven't been there myself but my cousin has been there numerous times for rv camping. They speak very highly of it. I don't know anything about whether they'll be issues with hanging or if there is good tree selection. How'd it look when you went?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Great idea Rat. The only issue I see with Gold Head is that there currently aren't any hammock-friendly sites designated. The new park manager is on board, though, and if there's enough interest I can see if he'd allow it. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get together yet to go through the park to find "legal" places to hang.

Good point, maybe we could head down there and work it out with them sometime soon?
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Magnet View Post
    If your are talking about Princess Place next to Pelicer Creek and Faver-Dykes then I have heard good things. I haven't been there myself but my cousin has been there numerous times for rv camping. They speak very highly of it. I don't know anything about whether they'll be issues with hanging or if there is good tree selection. How'd it look when you went?
    I didn't read this until I posted the previous post - now I'm starting to think we might have to start doing some scouting to find a place that is solid and wants us to come.

Not that this is a problem - I think this plays well into SkunkApe's request to hike next weekend - maybe we can find a place that we'd want to scope out and head out on a day hike to check it out.
    Thoughts?
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post
    I didn't read this until I posted the previous post - now I'm starting to think we might have to start doing some scouting to find a place that is solid and wants us to come.

Not that this is a problem - I think this plays well into SkunkApe's request to hike next weekend - maybe we can find a place that we'd want to scope out and head out on a day hike to check it out.
    Thoughts?
    Yes, scouting for a spot. Good idea.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Super Fly & HG
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie or Webbing
    Images

Local Hang/Hike

Like the idea of a local Hang/Hike. Another item to keep in mind a couple of the areas on your list are in full hunt mode. Jennings & Cary for sure. The deer/gun season will end in December then small game starts in January much safer then. Another area you might consider is Osceola it has the florida trail in parts of it & lots of small lakes/ponds as well. After gun season ends there you can camp anywhere legally. If you go to MY WFC website under the WMA brochure section you can see maps & rules to most of the sites you have listed & more. On a side note Stephen Foster has the florida trail as well really nice hike thru there. Outside there boundaries towards the northwest a buddy & I have stealth camped before with no troubles. They do allow group hangs in the primitive section we just did not have enough people at the time.
    Thanks-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kbajg View Post
    Like the idea of a local Hang/Hike. Another item to keep in mind a couple of the areas on your list are in full hunt mode. Jennings & Cary for sure. The deer/gun season will end in December then small game starts in January much safer then. Another area you might consider is Osceola it has the florida trail in parts of it & lots of small lakes/ponds as well. After gun season ends there you can camp anywhere legally. If you go to MY WFC website under the WMA brochure section you can see maps & rules to most of the sites you have listed & more. On a side note Stephen Foster has the florida trail as well really nice hike thru there. Outside there boundaries towards the northwest a buddy & I have stealth camped before with no troubles. They do allow group hangs in the primitive section we just did not have enough people at the time.
    Thanks-Ken
    Good points about Cary and Jennings - I know Cary has designated camping areas that are 'safe' (even during hunting season) and I could only assume that Jennings was the same.

Thanks for the info about the other places I'll try to update the original post with those details.

Ideally I would love to hang at a state park so we can get a crowd of folks with hang permits and "after-party" surveys - but just getting out and hanging is more important than where, if location becomes an issue.
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Agreed. We need to get out there.

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    WRR great point about state parks!! Think you and JaxHiker could run with that? Isn't there an area at little talbot?
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    WRR great point about state parks!! Think you and JaxHiker could run with that? Isn't there an area at little talbot?
    I'll try to catch up with him tomorrow - if he doesn't post back soon -

He prolly knows that stuff by heart - I'm game for either one. Never really been one to back down from a challenge, so I'm up for a meetin an a greetin the folks down at Gold Head if a posse is needed.
    WarriorHike.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast