Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Know what you mean, I'm working Saturday mornings, off Sunday...keeps me on a short leash. Iron Bridge aint bad, about a 1 1/2 mile hike in, if I recall. Deep woods, nice secluded ravine area. The shelter is very cool and looks brand new. Park off side of road at trail head. Have parked several vehicles several nights, never a problem.
    Bayard has a nice parking area, and about 10 miles of trail. Its about 1 mile or so hike to the campsite, and it is a nice one, right on the water. Only ever saw one other person back there camping, never saw another hiker. Of course, hunters are everywhere right now, you just have to deal. Hope we can all finally meet up!!
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    ,,,,^.....(bump)
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Thumbs up Schedules :: Updates :: Plans

Hey, Thanks for the friendly bump there Duffy.

After talking it over with a couple of folks I think we should start looking at planning this for "early" spring (Feb, Mar).

I originally wanted this to be something that we could have knocked out before New Years, but it just seems that most folks are (respectably) already booked up for the remainder of the year.

January would be nice, except that the 3rd Annual Florida Hang is in on MLK bday weekend.
    Feb has the 2nd Annual Sherpa Hang.

So, I was thinking... maybe we keep up the trend of 'late-in-the-month-hangs' and go for March 22-24th. This accomplishes two things, one, it gives anybody interested in MAHHA (yes I know that's way up there in PA... Just saying..) in April the freedom to go, and two, it covers most all of the regions in florida for annual hangs (South, Central, North-East).

This might offer the opportunity for some of the south/central fla folks the chance to plan on coming up (hint, hint ). It also gives us plenty of time to work with land owners/managers to find something adequate for hammocks up here in N-FL.
    Oh, and of course it means more time to work out the details of a raffle, food and well whatever else is needed/wanted.

So with that said, I'm going to start by putting the date on the calendar, and probably look into opening a planning thread somewhere.

Meanwhile if you're interested in getting out for an impromptu overnighter or weekender before New Years, PM me, or keep your eyes open for a proper thread for the same.

In the coming days or so I'll work on getting a google spreadsheet posted (anybody good at that?) and getting this posted on the Florida Hangers site (link to follow later)

Till then, stay posted - subscribe to the thread and keep posting ideas
    Last edited by WetRivrRat; 11-14-2012 at 23:59.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

FL Hangers web page

Web pages, web pages... we got your web pages!

I started a page on the FL Hangers web page for this hang. If there are files or information that would be best kept in a single, centralized location, then let me know where that information is and I'll add it.

https://sites.google.com/site/flhang...bold-city-hang

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Back in October myself and two friends went to Goldhead for an overnighter and they had no problem with us hanging...we were at site 20 or 21 and it had plenty of trees for i would say close to a dozen hammocks.... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5110855&type=3 the first photo is from one of the shelters along the swannee river last year, the next four are from Goldhead.

We also went to JP Hall in Green cove back in March or April and camped on the river....the ticks were horrendous but this was the spring...on the river we would have to be pretty spread out as there is a ton of palemettos everywhere...but the campsite closer to the parking lot has some good spots for maybe 6-8... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5110855&type=3

Hammock
    kammok roo/ diy tablecloth
    Tarp
    kelty noahs tarp12
    Insulation
    eno vulcan
    Suspension
    python straps

gold head is cool with me

i am interested in anywhere i can car camp i would say +1 for gold head my gear is too heavy to hike with

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Gold Head has some nice hiking on the FT coming in from the west, starting near the Keystone Airport through Camp Blanding. One of my favorite sections. Would make a great dayhike for the hang.

Hammock
    Spear
    Tarp
    Integral Silponch
    Insulation
    thermocell pad
    Suspension
    Spear straps
    Count me in I’m familiar with most of these sites especially Black Creek ravines, its in my back yard. I think the primitive site on the creek is first come it can be accessed by foot or water.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL, DIY 12'
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glides
    Looks like I missed quite a bit on this thread! Ya know, it'd be cool if had more opportunities for us First Coast hangers to get together. Trade stories, gear, yada, yada, yada.
    If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse. Proverbs 27:14

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    Looks like I missed quite a bit on this thread! Ya know, it'd be cool if had more opportunities for us First Coast hangers to get together. Trade stories, gear, yada, yada, yada.
    Yah - I'm trying, little by little - it's been difficult though, with the holidays and all - I'm hoping for some news regarding a site in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast