Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    To the best of my knowledge there isn't a group site at Little Talbot. However, that's not to say we couldn't get multiple sites. I have to say that they did a great job and really worked on this. Their Reserve America site has been updated to reflect the use of hammocks and they also created this excellent map that identifies not only which sites are approved but we also identified how many hammocks each will support based on the number of suitable trees.

I don't think we need a posse for Gold Head. The manager is definitely on our side and couldn't believe there weren't any hammock sites when he took over earlier in the year. I'll try to give him a call this week to see what his schedule is like.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Park: Distance: Time:
    Cary SF. - 21.7 - 29
    BCR CA. - 30.3 - 41
    Jennings SF - 26.7 - 34
    Gold Head SP - 45.9 - 63
    Princess place - 59.2. - 69
    Steven Foster SP - 70.3 - 71
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 8x10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!
    Would love to hike Stephen Foster again.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Super Fly & HG
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie or Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there isn't a group site at Little Talbot. However, that's not to say we couldn't get multiple sites. I have to say that they did a great job and really worked on this. Their Reserve America site has been updated to reflect the use of hammocks and they also created this excellent map that identifies not only which sites are approved but we also identified how many hammocks each will support based on the number of suitable trees.

I don't think we need a posse for Gold Head. The manager is definitely on our side and couldn't believe there weren't any hammock sites when he took over earlier in the year. I'll try to give him a call this week to see what his schedule is like.
    JFYI Lil Talbot has some excellent surf fishing going on right now as well. Hammocking & fish fry what could be better.

Park: Distance: Time:
    Cary SF. - 21.7 - 29
    BCR CA. - 30.3 - 41
    Jennings SF - 26.7 - 34
    Gold Head SP - 45.9 - 63
    Princess place - 59.2. - 69
    Steven Foster SP - 70.3 - 71
    Little Talbot Is SP - 26.5 - 29
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Quote Originally Posted by kbajg View Post
    JFYI Lil Talbot has some excellent surf fishing going on right now as well. Hammocking & fish fry what could be better.
    I know a soon-to-be newbie hammocker who loves fishing and would love this site for precisely this reason!
    WarriorHike.com

Wait... Wait.... 3 pages in and nobody's said anything about a DO... What the heck...

Maybe we need to start nailing down a date so we can start planning the food
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Just saw this thread...count me and Mightymouse in. Little Talbot would be great. Other choices: Iron Bridge shelter on the FT. Also Bayard Conservation area in Green Cove has a nice site right on the river, with good hiking also.
    I'm always up for a hike if not working!
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Just saw this thread...count me and Mightymouse in. Little Talbot would be great. Other choices: Iron Bridge shelter on the FT. Also Bayard Conservation area in Green Cove has a nice site right on the river, with good hiking also.
    I'm always up for a hike if not working!
    Cool! I've heard a lot about Bayard recently - starting to think it's time to go check it out
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Duffy, I was thinking Iron Bridge as well. It's also part of the Florida Trail that's up in the air and may be moving to the rails to trails. I understand it's a gorgeous section but I've never hiked it myself so I wasn't sure what the group options were like.

I hope I can make this. My weekends are looking pretty full.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast