Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Yeppie, stuff sacks. Lot's of stuff sacks. Can give stuff sacks as gifts, donate stuff sacks, put stuff sacks on the PIF thread, randomly hand out stuff sacks, us stuff sacks as wrapping paper, bring it way down a knotch and add catnip to mini stuff sacks and throw them at your cat....if you have one. stuff sack dog toys, stuff sack corn hole is good, stuff sacks work as shoe dusters when storing them (shoe bags), stuff sack turned bishop bag, stuff sack ridgeline organizer. During Halloween you could use the stuff sack to burn.....oops, never mind that last one.

If you have a big mess up, then it becomes a storage hammock, hammock chair, stuff animal hammock for kids room, hammock toilet, dog dress, cat hammock, dog bed, dog blanket, skirt/or kilt for yourself, or during Halloween you could really burn one heck of a pile of cow.......never mind again

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Wow, what a great thread! I thought I was the only one who had failed projects! (not sure what my success rate is, but its not very impressive!) My failed projects kind of like a junk yard for cars--------I'm always salvaging parts and materials from them. Nothing goes to waste in our house!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker42 View Post
    I am the proud owner of 726 stuff sacks.
    LOL! All materials get reclaimed and reused for new projects, and yes, even the occassional stuff sack.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Yeppie, stuff sacks. Lot's of stuff sacks. Can give stuff sacks as gifts, donate stuff sacks, put stuff sacks on the PIF thread, randomly hand out stuff sacks, us stuff sacks as wrapping paper, bring it way down a knotch and add catnip to mini stuff sacks and throw them at your cat....if you have one. stuff sack dog toys, stuff sack corn hole is good, stuff sacks work as shoe dusters when storing them (shoe bags), stuff sack turned bishop bag, stuff sack ridgeline organizer. During Halloween you could use the stuff sack to burn.....oops, never mind that last one.

If you have a big mess up, then it becomes a storage hammock, hammock chair, stuff animal hammock for kids room, hammock toilet, dog dress, cat hammock, dog bed, dog blanket, skirt/or kilt for yourself, or during Halloween you could really burn one heck of a pile of cow.......never mind again
    But Wait! If you order now.......
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Make a big stuff sack to put failed proj....(ahem) recycled materials in.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl lefty
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj.Web/Dutch clip
    I do the same after I have an all out battle with what I had been working on for days/weeks/months. I thought my latest was going great (a dog tent for Graham that hangs from the ridgeline and was super light). Until I luckily decided to try a run with the pup before I put the zipper in. Well, he made it VERY clear that he hated it and how could I have even thought to subject him to this torture. He walked in and stuck his head in the bug netting and stood there with this look on his face and refused to move.......FAIL! Oh well, lots of stuff sacks and enough netting to make some skins.
    I was told there'd be no math on this exam. ~T.D.

Senior Member Michelle the Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker42 View Post
    I am the proud owner of 726 stuff sacks.
    LOL! And I thought I was the only one

Hammock
    Eno DN
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie slings
    726 stuff sacks hilarious I just keep it in a bag to use later on but some how never have exactly what I need. My wife calls my failure experience but I think she's just tryin to make me feel better about wastin some dough$$$
    A man does not climb a mountain without taking some of it away with him, and leaving something of himself upon it.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Haven't failed that bad yet. I tried making a no spreader bar, single point hanging hammock chair (think PCT bear bag hang, but with a chair on the end instead of a bag). It sat in the floor for a couple of weeks as I kept reworking the ropes and reinventing the **** thing. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me. Had it ultimately failed totally I probably would have just folded it up and stuck it in the closet until I needed to make a stuff sack or a little day pack. Come to think of it, it would make an okay pack cover.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    diy HH
    Tarp
    10' x 8' diy cat
    Insulation
    Full down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    Cuss, stomp around the room, ponder where it all went wrong over the 8th beer of the night, stare at beer accusingly, apologize to beer, cry, sleep and then make something else that is cool as $hit while claiming that I was merely practicing for the real deal.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast