So Ive been seeing allot of people sitching to hammock camping, saying its much mkore comfortable than sleeping on the ground. Soooo i thought I would try it. Here in Ohio the nights have been running in the 30's. I bought a nice hammock at waly world to see if I liked it before investing in a more exspensive set up. So the hammock set up easily pitched a rain fly over it built a nice reflector fire good to go. I have a 0 degree mummy bag and a thermarest self inflating pad. everything looks good. well bed time comes and i get into the hammock and almost break my neck trying to wiggle in the sleeping bag (its impossible). pad pops out on the ground. I get up put the pad back in get in the sleeping bag and lie in the hammock. pretty comfortable. after about 5 minutes I notice my feet are elevated my top half is in a hole my butt is freezing and i look like a contorntionist. pad slides out again. I put my hat on a couple extra layers and just suffered through it. The hammock seemed to have stretched down some. when i woke up i was half on my belly in a near backbend. So i find some forums about under quilts and the proper sag and some suspension. now im just trying to figure out with all the extra equipment that comes with hammocking if i can fit all the gear in my pack and concerns about weight versus my solo tent. Hope you all enjoyed the story any advicd would be appreciated.