Coasttrash

Hello from S. Miss

Howdy folks,

I am new to the whole hammock camping experience. I had a Jeep trail riding trip this past weekend. I couldnt put the family tent in the Jeep cause the box was to big. I thought I had a small tent at the house and when I asked my dad where it was he said he threw it away, ha. So I needed something quick cause this was friday and I was leaving saturday morning. Then I was like I think I will try the hammock camping thing a friend does. Did a quick search went and picked up a ENO double nest from a local store. After I picked up I got a little worried cause I am no small bro I am 6'1 340. Instead of buying the slap straps that eno has I had some ratchet straps and saw a video on youtube how to do the knots and such, I think his channel is davidspassage. Anyway I get to the campground set the hammock up and sit in (now this is the first time I have ever gotten into this) I like to think everyone gets that feeling of please do not die as you sit down. Luckily I didnt and got my sleeping pad and bag in it. Then I took this canopy thing I have and made tent (tied a rope between the the two trees laid the canopy over top to keep some of the dew off). My first night it got cold well for south mississippi 48 degrees. I only got cold once kind of woke me up for a second. The thing I noticed I kept creeping to one end. I am sure I just need to do more adjusting and getting used to sleeping on my back in a hammock.

Sorry for the long winded story. My name is Chris and I am from Hattiesburg, MS

Images
    Welcome, Coasttrash, from north MS! You did good, way better than me 1st time out. Hang the foot end higher. I think the ENO DN is rated for 400 lbs so you should be OK. You might try a WM blue pad to keep you warm, maybe a WM tarp also until you can get an UQ. Let the adventure begin!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Indiana!!

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    hey there & welcome! Might try hanging your foot end 5-6in higher than the head end. should take care of that "creep" factor. Glad you enjoyed your first night hanging in the wind. You certainly sounded prepared for a last minute fix for your camping situation. Welcome to the trees!
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Indiana!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Mass.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Hello Chris, welcome from Gautier MS. like Sunny said a few inches higher on the foot end should get you balanced out.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    welcome from east tenn. good to c more family here, Im known as uncle trash round here,lol
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Coasttrash
    Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I just need to take my time to set it up and adjust it until whatever works best.

• + New Posts