Howdy folks,

I am new to the whole hammock camping experience. I had a Jeep trail riding trip this past weekend. I couldnt put the family tent in the Jeep cause the box was to big. I thought I had a small tent at the house and when I asked my dad where it was he said he threw it away, ha. So I needed something quick cause this was friday and I was leaving saturday morning. Then I was like I think I will try the hammock camping thing a friend does. Did a quick search went and picked up a ENO double nest from a local store. After I picked up I got a little worried cause I am no small bro I am 6'1 340. Instead of buying the slap straps that eno has I had some ratchet straps and saw a video on youtube how to do the knots and such, I think his channel is davidspassage. Anyway I get to the campground set the hammock up and sit in (now this is the first time I have ever gotten into this) I like to think everyone gets that feeling of please do not die as you sit down. Luckily I didnt and got my sleeping pad and bag in it. Then I took this canopy thing I have and made tent (tied a rope between the the two trees laid the canopy over top to keep some of the dew off). My first night it got cold well for south mississippi 48 degrees. I only got cold once kind of woke me up for a second. The thing I noticed I kept creeping to one end. I am sure I just need to do more adjusting and getting used to sleeping on my back in a hammock.

Sorry for the long winded story. My name is Chris and I am from Hattiesburg, MS