Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What site(s) are we in?

Still waiting to hear what time the girlfriend gets off work to know what time we'll be there.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Whats it gonna cost us to camp?

NORTHERN VIRGINIA REGIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
    CAMPGROUND RULES

The following rules apply to conduct within campgrounds owned and operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. Violation of any of these rules may subject the violator to ejection from the park.

1. Campgrounds are restricted to use by family and individual campers only for the purpose of recreational, non-residential, overnight accommodations. Group camping is not permitted in the campgrounds.

2. All campers must register with park personnel, showing valid identification and paying the appropriate fee prior to occupying the site. In absence of personnel, please register at the self-registration box located in front of the camp store.

3. Organized youth group camping is not permitted in the family campground but is permitted in designated areas only. Prepaid reservations through NVRPA headquarters office are required.

4. Only registered campers and their guests may use the camping facilities.

5. A single camping stay may not exceed*fourteen (14) consecutive days. All campers must vacate a campsite for a minimum of four (4) days between single camping stays.

6. Campsites are limited to one (1) camping*vehicle or travel trailer and*two (2) tents or canopies per site.* Camping or sleeping in the cab or bed of a truck, in an automobile or on the ground without a tent is prohibited.

7. All campers must have a camping trailer, travel trailer, tent or other camping vehicle. Camping or sleeping in the cab or bed of a truck, in an automobile or on the ground without a tent is prohibited.

8. A maximum of two (2) motorized vehicles per site is permitted. All motorized vehicles and trailers must be parked in designated parking areas at the site or other established locations.

9. Campsites are limited to seven (7) campers site, per night.* An additional fee will be charged for campsites with more than four (4) people.

10. Service and commercial vehicles, tractors and construction equipment are not permitted in the campground.

11. The check-in time for campers with reservations is anytime after 1pm.* Campers must check out by*11:00AM*on the date of their departure. An additional nightly fee may be applied to late checkouts.

12. Campground dumping stations are for the sole use of registered campers.

13. Campers must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to register for a campsite.* Campers*less than*sixteen (16) years of age must be supervised by a guardian eighteen (18) years of age or older.

14.*Guests of registered campers*must pay the appropriate park entrance fees and must vacate the park*no later than*dark, or approximately thirty (30) minutes after sunset.

15. Campers must observe quiet hours between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.

16. Pets shall not be left unattended in the campground and must be on a leash.

17. Ground fires are permitted only within the steel ground fire rings. Grills are for charcoal use only and wood burning is prohibited.

18. Cutting of trees and collecting downed wood is prohibited. Wood is available for purchase at the camp store.

19. Campfires are not to be left unattended. Fire must be extinguished before retiring for the night or on departing the campsite.

20. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited by state law in all Northern Virginia Regional Parks.

21. Organized youth group camping is restricted to areas designated for that purpose.

22. Groups of individuals or families involving ten (10) or more campsites require express written permission of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority to use campgrounds.

23.*Upon departure, campers must collect all trash from their campsites and deposit in campground trash dumpsters.

24. Profanity and abusive language or behavior is prohibited.**

25. Conduct that may endanger the welfare of any person is*also strictly prohibited.

26. The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority assumes no responsibility for personal property.

We hope your visit will be a pleasant one, and that you continue to enjoy our regional parks. If you need further information or assistance at Bull Run Regional Park, please call Park Manager Jill Vanden Heuvel or Assistant Park Manager Jeff Randolph at 703-631-0550.

Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Site fees are $25 per site. They sell firewood but I recommend bringing wood if you have any, the wood they sell is fresh cut and not cured. Don't advertise that you are brining in your own wood, they don't want outside wood brought in. Since this is our first run, everyone is own their own for meals. I camp here often and the sites are very big compared to other campgrounds. The director is going to call me back tomorrow and let me know how many hammocks we can have per site. I have camped here before with 3 other hammocks in one site and they did not have a problem. If you look at the site map, I am going for sites 62, 64 and 66. There is a bathroom/shower facility by site 148 that stays open all winter but the sites there are not as wooded and tend to be more crowded. It is a short walk to get there from the sites I am recommending. As for the "alcohol is prohibited" rule, I always bring beer with me and if you choose to also, you just have to be discrete about it and pour it into a different container.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Just found out that my dad will be joining us so if 2Tall is in and no one else decides to join us we are looking at a total of 8.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Just so everyone has my info, I am Dave and my cell number is 703-732-0015. Still trying to decide which hammock to bring.

Arrg. Turns out my son and his girlfriend now have to work, I'm back to one.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjrk View Post
    Arrg. Turns out my son and his girlfriend now have to work, I'm back to one.
    1 is better than none. I am going over to the park's office today to reserve the sites.

Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy PolyD DBL
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I plan on showing up between 2 and 3 as well. probably closer to 3. I can bring a trunk full of chopped and cured firewood. Can't wait to meet those of you I haven't already met!

Hammock
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diab View Post
    I plan on showing up between 2 and 3 as well. probably closer to 3. I can bring a trunk full of chopped and cured firewood. Can't wait to meet those of you I haven't already met!
    Good deal, I will be bringing a bunch as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Changes in sites, I have booked sites 79 and 81. I will be there by 3pm, look for the gray Cadillac SRX. My cell is 703-732-0015. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast