Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

LOwer 20's and high teen's

Okay just to let you all know I did lower 20's and high teens in the blackbird and all I had was a cheap pad that I use in my Clark and a 30 something bag and was wearing Polypro underwear and and fleece stocking cap for two nights this weekend one night of rain and the other night of high wind. Had the super fly wide open on both ends and on both night I had to come out of bag to cool off. both morning's I woke up and started my hot tea from the hammock what a treat to watch the sun come up out of the end of hammock and drink not 1 not 2 but 3 cups of hot tea that was heated up by my soda can alcy stove. Along with two pop tarts ( Sorry I had REAL POPTARTS SHUG ) but all in all was a great weekend. I sat and listened to the OWL's that last morning and with them making such a ruckus the turkeys where making more noise. Put my Pistol,IPOD,JEANS,and PEE Bottle in the shelf and it all worked out great.

(Side note) I do miss the Pockets on the Clark a Bunch but the shelf held my clothing fine along with everything else.

that is it for now.

Brandon thanks for such a nice product anyone who is second guessing a Blackbird make no mistake you will do just fine in this hammock.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A pad? What's up with that? I thought you got the 'trinity' package (hammock, uq, tarp).

Good results with just a pad under you. I totally agree, the BlackBird is tops.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    A pad? What's up with that? I thought you got the 'trinity' package (hammock, uq, tarp).

Good results with just a pad under you. I totally agree, the BlackBird is tops.
    I did Cannibal I was experimenting I am going to do the same thing with just the underquilt and no Pad very soon I am worried that the small underquilt will not keep the lower part of my legs warm with out somthing under them but I will find out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    What kind of pack are you carrying? If you can remove the padded frame (if there is one), that makes a great leg pad for the part of your legs that are exposed. If not, just toss your empty pack in there. As long as it isn't wet, it makes a great leg pad.

Experimenting is fun!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    Okay just to let you all know I did lower 20's and high teens in the blackbird and all I had was a cheap pad that I use in my Clark and a 30 something bag and was wearing Polypro underwear and and fleece stocking cap for two nights this weekend one night of rain and the other night of high wind. Had the super fly wide open on both ends and on both night I had to come out of bag to cool off. both morning's I woke up and started my hot tea from the hammock what a treat to watch the sun come up out of the end of hammock and drink not 1 not 2 but 3 cups of hot tea that was heated up by my soda can alcy stove. Along with two pop tarts ( Sorry I had REAL POPTARTS SHUG ) (
    Hey Cavediver2 ... you are not getting the fiber that you could be getting!
    What kind of pop tart? .... cherry, s'more, brown suger? Frosting and sprinkles to drop into your bag and hammock?
    Awesome man.
    I just slept in my BB last night, still in my smartwool as I type. Hit 15º.... full UQ and short pad under me butt. 0º bag and possum down beanie. Slept wonderfully in the BB. We had snow and wind. Trying to see if I will use it in the dead of winter. Still a bit on the fence as my UQ fits my diy hammock better.
    I will have a video up by tomorrow on the BB. Shot it yesterday and it came out to 9:45 minutes with all the BB features to be presented.....
    Thanks for your report on your conditions.
    Not a gun toter myself but what do you carry?
    Warmly,
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts