Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    How about this....

Claytor Jungle Hammock

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

Includes Hammock and tarp....$150 new
    Straps, cinch buckles and Dutch Clips upgrade for suspension...about about $50

I would sell it to you for $125....very good condition. It is my wife's and has seen little use.

You could buy the Eno Hot Spot which will hold a Thermarest pad or any other with the wing attachments.

For just over $150 you'd be ready to hang with a very solid rig. It's not the lightest but it's a far cry from $800.

Miguel
    i might take you up on that. Can i add a SRL to that? im thinking adjustable whoopie sling SRL and whoopie sling suspension.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edge308 View Post
    i might take you up on that. Can i add a SRL to that? im thinking adjustable whoopie sling SRL and whoopie sling suspension.
    I have some green 2mm dynaglide. Send me your address via private message and I'll make you a pair and send them out to you. My gift to a new forum member. Hopefully it'll help with your purchasing.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I have some green 2mm dynaglide. Send me your address via private message and I'll make you a pair and send them out to you. My gift to a new forum member. Hopefully it'll help with your purchasing.
    You're a good guy, fallkniven.

Mike

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edge308 View Post
    I believe if you wanted to add a srl you would have to cut a small hole through the bug netting. I believe it has been done and wouldn't be much of a hassle. Frankly I'm not a huge fan of SRLs. I haven't seen the need for them. After you set up a hammock a few times, it becomes second nature.

Let me know if you are interested. You can PM m....I have Pay Pal account.

Miguel

Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    NEVER, Never, never say aloud how much money you spend on your camping gear...period.
    I made the mistake of counting!

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    speer pad extender- give your pad wings so it stays and your shoulders don't get cold. I believe ENO sell these as a Hot spot.
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    as long as you dont mind the weight sleeping bags are easy enough to convert to a UQ and a mummy bag can be a simple TQ. check the DIY forums.

also, if it helps i too have a lot tied up in mine, but only because i wanted to be able to camp year round. if youre a 3 season hanger, i suggest a simple setup of:

ENO DN: ~$60
    BIAS bug ned: $65
    WL Summer quilt set: $280
    "All In One" suspension: $50
    WL Big Daddy Tarp: $100

$555 give or take, and you have a huge tarp, an awesome bug net, and a great quilt set (bottom and top)

yeah, not cheap but you get EVERYTHING you need (more or less) you can take a little off here and there if you DIY a PLUQ/TQ or something, but IMO a tarp is a must!
    Thanks this helped allot

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    +1 on the above
    Thanks great ideas from everyone. I make plenty of money, I'm just cheap and I have a wife. How well does a poncho liner work??

Quote Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
    Given that you're not starting from scratch with camping, I'd say you are a long way already.

- You have a sleeping bag - that's your top quilt. It's what I use.
    - You have a pad - can be used in the hammock too, I started with a foam pad myself. I bought a cheap snugpak synthetic UQ to try it out - liked it a lot, so invested in a hammockgear incubator. But the pad was scertainly functional.
    - You have a hammock, I guess, since you started trying already.
    - Do you have a tarp from the other camping you do? If you do, it works fine.

There, a complete set-up to start with. And then as you go along, you decide what to invest in. My first step was to get a better hammock than the one I started with. The second was to get an UQ - this was a more important step for comfort. I still use my regular sleeping bag, see no need (so far) for a TQ.

Btw, get in the bag before you get into the hammock. Sit in the hammock, insert your feet and get the bag up as far as possible, then stand up and pull it up all the way. Sit back down in the hammock, and proceed to enjoy your soon-to-be comfy, rocked-to-sleep, cradled night of Z:s.
    How well does the poncho liner work? I'm just cheap and I have a wife lol. Thanks everyone for responses lots of great info.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH UL
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB TQ& UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware

Don't tell my wife

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    NEVER, Never, never say aloud how much money you spend on your camping gear...period.
    LOL! Or leave receipts from JRB laying around!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast