Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Camo Cuben Fiber Tarp...

That's right all you stealth campers out there, I can finally get some camouflage Cuben Fiber material to make tarps with...of course there is a catch. (isn't there always a catch?)

I can get it, but I have to make a sizable order to do so. And, there is an upcharge for the printing.....And, it can only be made in the .75 ounce material and not the .51 ounce material that we normally use.

The price of a 4 door standard tarp will go up approximately $25-$30. I do not like raising the price of something that is already over priced as it is...but my hands are tied on this one. I will say this though, I am actually absorbing SOME of that price increase.

This thread is to see what kind of interest there is for this product. I am even up for taking any pre-orders if anyone wants to go that route. For now, this is going to be a limited production run. I am not sure of how many.

Regarding wait times...I can not get the material until the middle of next month so any one in on the first batch SHOULD get it by the New years or just after Christmas. Maybe (big Maybe) before Christmas if you are one of the first orders.

I am attaching an image that was sent to me by the supplier. This is the ONLY pattern they are allowed to use. The other ones they have are proprietary and not for sale to the likes of me.... The pattern is a desert digital camo (ironic for us tree dwelling folks). They said they can make it a bit greener than the sample in the photo but the pattern will be the same. I think as long as it is breaking up the solid Cuben panel, it is a big improvement.

Anyway, let me know guys!

~Stormcrow

p.s. there are two swatches in the photo. The one on the left is of an actual fabric, the one on the right is of Cuben Fiber Material.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Looks good.

Can you speak to the difference in total weight and fabric strength as compared to the .51 non camo you use?

I'm guessing the total weight would change from 6.5 to about 10 oz on the 4 season tarp. Is that about right?

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Looks interesting. I'm not a stealth camper except by means of going farther from paths and streams to make camp, but I've noticed that an opaque camo tarp has that recognizable hammock-tarp shape, especially when seen with a light background such as the sky. I'd guess that the lighter colors of a cuben camo print would be more translucent, allowing the camo pattern to blend in with lights and darks of the forest behind it.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Looks good.

Can you speak to the difference in total weight and fabric strength as compared to the .51 non camo you use?

I'm guessing the total weight would change from 6.5 to about 10 oz on the 4 season tarp. Is that about right?
    UncleMJM, you are correct that it will kick the weight up to approximately 9.5-10 ounces. The weight is in the mylar thickness. This material is the CT1K.10 material. Which means that it will have the same amount of dyneema fibers but a thicker myler

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Looks interesting. I'm not a stealth camper except by means of going farther from paths and streams to make camp, but I've noticed that an opaque camo tarp has that recognizable hammock-tarp shape, especially when seen with a light background such as the sky. I'd guess that the lighter colors of a cuben camo print would be more translucent, allowing the camo pattern to blend in with lights and darks of the forest behind it.
    I agree david. I think the translucent nature of cuben fiber really does lend itself to being a bit more stealthy than solid, non-transparent tarps of a similar color. That being said, I think a little more breakup that the camo will offer could make it a bit better..

~Stormcrow
    Last edited by stormcrow; 11-18-2012 at 01:56.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Adam Happy late Birthday! How much would a winter palace cost in camo or can you make one in camo? That's on my wish list!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    Put me down for a 4 door cat cut camo cuben tarp with 12 foot ridge when i get back from Missouri hang i will pay for it .p.s. let me how to pay.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

Great news!

Although I would have preferred a non digitized camo, this is exciting news!

I will certainly want to buy one when they become available.

Hammock
    DIY Multicam, Multicam BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoneix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I will take a 4 door camo cuben will look great with the multicam quilts you made me thanks!

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    I am going to want one, but I would like to see some tarps before I decide which one, size, I want. Dang Noob's. I will know what I want after the first week of January if that helps in material planning.

Will you be able to see through this one too?
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Full UQ/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'd be interested in a 4-door standard in the camo.
    Jus' sayin'.
    "The green earth, say you? That is itself a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day." -Aragorn, 'The Two Towers' by J.R.R. Tolkien

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast