Thread: Srl

Srl

Kosovo just when I think I had it figured out. I was looking at a warbonnet BB. I thought a adjustable ridge line was the way to go so I could get it just right and forget about it. Wen I emailed warbonnet this is what they told me.

"our ridgeline does not adjust and i don't recommend modifying it to be adjustable, it's set fixed to the length of the bugnetting, as far as comfort goes it's the many other factors in how you have it hung that make the difference in comfort, having the head end lower, sleeping more toward the head end ect. changing the ridgeline length will do little for you"

So now I'm really confused. I've heard and read that WBBB is really comfortable so maybe I shouldn't worry so much.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    You shouldn't worry so much. There's a reason Warbonnet hammocks are so popular.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Each hammock can feel different. That said the BB is a very popular, and in my opinion, comfortable hammock. Brandon is right in saying there are many things that can adjusted for fit before changing the ridgline length.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    let me help a little bit.

a RL (fixed or adjustable) ONLY helps you keep the hammock body at an angle that feels right.

The WBBB's RL isnt adjustable because they have done the math on it, and designed a hammock that incorporates the RL into the design. if you adjusted the RL too long, it would tear at the netting. if it is too short, then the netting would sag all around.

I have an ASRL on all my hammocks and it is only for making sure my hammock body is hanging at a 30* angle. it is only to make sure that when hanging in less than optimal conditions (where the trees are too far apart or something) the body of my hammock is at the preferred angle, even if the suspension is not.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    I agree that there r numerous ways to adjust a hammock. SRL, angel of the dangle, tightening/shortening the center at the ends, asymmetric. So far I've played with all except asymmetric.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    +1 to Rev

I have read of others on here removing the stock ridgeline on the WBBB, then (carefully) tried an adjustable one. But, I think most returned back to the original RL.

• + New Posts