Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy Asym Zip
    Suspension
    Carabiners/Rings
    Images
    This is going on the DIY to do list seems relatively cheap and fun even if I doesn't go with me to the woods. Nicely done and thank you for sharing.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by vrg View Post
    Just purchased some crinkle tablecloths to make several for family. can you use paracord to hang your hammock if you double it. i was thinking of doubling a 20' piece to make a 10' length and tying a series of knots to use for adjustment points, using a carabiner on the hammock to attach to rope setup. is this setup ok to use or what type of cord could i use. weight would not be an issue. new to hanging
    Vrg...I did exactly what you're talking about for the 2 hammocks I made for my kids. I used 4 strands of cord and tied knots a fist width apart. This does work quite well and provides great adjustability.

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    HYOH and enjoy but 550 paracord is underrated for hammocks in most people's opinion. Doubling it up sounds dubious to me because I don't think the two strands share the load equally. Knots typically weaken line by 50% (http://www.animatedknots.com/reliability.php) and safety factor is a good thing unless you like getting dumped on a rock in the middle of the night.

Amsteel is lighter than paracord, fun to splice and costs ~$7.50 for 25' shipped from Dutch. Why not just use the correct material? I'd rather not get hurt out in the woods...

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    I know this is an ancient thread, but just wanted to toss in my thanks. So easy its ridiculous. $10 and 10 minutes and I now have an awesomely ugly lime green catnap machine. Thanks for a great how-to.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    My wife and I have made two Sage Green TCFs. We love them, and more are in store =)

Hammock
    13 x 9 diy tcf dbl
    Tarp
    12' diy with doors
    Insulation
    diy down bag conv
    Suspension
    2" straps
    I noticed that diygearsupply also carries the table cloth blanks. That would allow you to get all your components for your projects at the same place and save on some shipping. They have both the regular and the xl size available.

Images
    Getting ready to try a tablecloth hammock or two (one for DH and trying to convince my dad to give it a try! he has a whole host of back/neck issues and can't find a mattress that he can sleep on even remotely comfortably). I know I will need stuff sacks as well... would the 20"x20" napkins work? (5 pack for $2.99!) I have no idea what size the stuff sack would need to be. Is there a link for how to add them to the end of the hammock, like how my first ENO was? It was handy to stick things in, like a water bottle or my glasses, but also less chance of me misplacing it.

Also, those that are doing knotty mods. I have a BIAS hammock I bought used on here and the knotty mods were actually added using grossgrain ribbon for the channel rather than the seam. I can take pics if anyone is interested. It would require a little bit of sewing, but not much, and might be a bit safer of an option, not having to cut into the hammock fabric itself.
    Last edited by FourRingCircus; 05-23-2016 at 21:00. Reason: quote the incorrect price
    Homeschooling mom to 4 little ones (8 and under)... Doing my best to enjoy this stage of life

Images
    So for suspension... I plan on zip-tying through a channel in each end, then doing a larkshead with either amsteel CLs or something else, then using a Nano 22 biner on that to hook to webbing straps (with a marlin spike hitch). Am I missing anything obvious?
    Homeschooling mom to 4 little ones (8 and under)... Doing my best to enjoy this stage of life

Hammock
    DIY DL 10.5' gathered with net
    Tarp
    DIY Winter or Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Snugpak
    Suspension
    Rings, buckles, WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FourRingCircus View Post
    So for suspension... I plan on zip-tying through a channel in each end, then doing a larkshead with either amsteel CLs or something else, then using a Nano 22 biner on that to hook to webbing straps (with a marlin spike hitch). Am I missing anything obvious?
    You aren't missing anything. Your plan covers it all.

Hi folks,
    I'm gonna try and make a couple of these to take on an upcoming camping trip with a bunch of family.

I need your help.
    I happen to be blind. I want to buy some stealthy or inconspicuous colors.
    What do you suggest from:
    http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/ta...shes-s/132.htm

I want colors that won't stand out too much when hung in the trees.

Also, I'm having a little trouble understanding the directions to "pull out the edges." Assuming that the short edge of the tablecloth is folded like a fan, does this just mean to unfold each end of the fan a couple of times? Or, to pull the outside edges, or corners more toward the ends, effectively tightening up the outside edges of the hammock?

thanks for your help!

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast