Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

3 Ideas for Ring Buckles on a Bridge Hammock

1 - Messing around with some ideas yesterday and put some ring buckles on a BMBH. Actually, I larksheaded them to the end of a treehugger and used a biner for a quick-connect to the tree.

2 - Next I put Spectra onto the BMBH and used the Garda hitch instead of the stock webbing on the BMBH. I just like cord better than webbing so, if Jennifer keeps using this one, I might make this a permanent mod.

Both of these add a bit of weight, but I like the convenience of the biner and some sort of buckle setup...the Garda is my current favorite. For now, at least...ask again next week.

3 - Next idea, that I haven't tried yet, is to run cord from the BMBH spreader bar rings to the ring at the top of the suspension triangle. Only instead of having one ring there, it will be two SMC buckles. This is where I'll put the Garda Hitch so I can adjust the hammock from under the tarp when it's raining. It will also save the weight of one ring and some cord over webbing (compared to options 1 and 2, not compared to the stock system because of the added hardware). I'll try to prototype this one this week if I get time.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    3 - Next idea, that I haven't tried yet, is to run cord from the BMBH spreader bar rings to the ring at the top of the suspension triangle. Only instead of having one ring there, it will be two SMC buckles. This is where I'll put the Garda Hitch so I can adjust the hammock from under the tarp when it's raining. It will also save the weight of one ring and some cord over webbing (compared to options 1 and 2, not compared to the stock system because of the added hardware). I'll try to prototype this one this week if I get time.
    I've been doing exactly that with my narrow-foot bridge hammock for 2-3 months. Seems to work well.

Grizz

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Haha - I was thinking about this after I posted. I haven't read the Ring Buckles or Bridge Hammock threads for months b/c they're so long...I wondered if anyone had posted something like this on there. Dunno why I didn't think to check it before I posted!

Ahem...what I meant to say was..."What an absolutely brilliant idea you had, Grizz!!"
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts