Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't afford it 'cause I bought one of Quoddy's bags.

so would one of these work on a hh with zipper mod, ridgeline intact? Other than the pictures have never seen one, seems camping hammocks are few and far in this part of the country

Images
    Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    ...it must be because of the down economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Heh. That's funny. 2 oz overstuffed funny.
    Yeah, I had just seen that reading back through. Pun not intended! But maybe I should have intended!

I don't think most folks realize the capabilities of this piece of gear. Of course, it is not for everyone. Using a pad or UQ or SS is a much more "open" experience, compared to being closed up in a PeaPod when pushing it to it's limit. Used that way, not for the claustrophobic, though still not as bad as the average mummy bag. Though, when used with a light ( or heavier) TQ, some find it the least claustrophobic approach, since it is then only rearely closed all the way and is often wide open near the face/shoulders. But, especially when used with a somewhat narrow hammock and/or even just a light top quilt, it is one sure fire way to be warm at the rated temps, and can not be exceeded IMO. It ( pod approaches in general, not just Speers PeaPod) is just efficient, being a closed, more or less sealed system. It is the closest thing to being sealed in a mummy bag without actually trying to do that, but without most of the discomfort many find with that approach in a hammock. PLUS, if you have a good separate hood, you can actually seal this thing around your neck, and that way your head is not even in the pod ( again, for the claustrophobics among us). I just cover a 6" strip of the scratchy Velcro with a matching strip of Velcro, so it won't rub my neck. Or not, I just let my jacket/hood cushion the Velcro.

Of course, it is useless on a bridge hammock and several netted gathered end hammocks ( HHs without full zip mod for ex). It is usable, though not optimal on the new super popular Black Bird (actually it would be just fine at real cold temps with a top quilt). But for the average top loading gathered end hammock user ( par excellance with Claytor No Net), this offer is a really easy way to be warm for a super price. So some top loader non net user, who wants to be warm and be done with it, and doesn't want to use pads and doesn't have a lot of money for separate top quilts and Uqs, should buy this.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 12-22-2008 at 21:19.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    so would one of these work on a hh with zipper mod, ridgeline intact? Other than the pictures have never seen one, seems camping hammocks are few and far in this part of the country
    If the mod allows you to at least get the net mostly out of the way, it will work just fine. You can wrap it under the ridgeline with no trouble.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This wouldnt work on a Warbonnet BB would it? I think that hammock is in my near future and I have almost pulled the trigger an a peapod a few times but the thought of getting it and then it not working on that hammock would be a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    This wouldnt work on a Warbonnet BB would it? I think that hammock is in my near future and I have almost pulled the trigger an a peapod a few times but the thought of getting it and then it not working on that hammock would be a waste
    I don't think so, it is meant for a Speer type hammock. A Snugfit might work, but that is a different product.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    Yes, the Speer PeaPod will work wonderfully with a #2 zipper mod (thanks to 2Q and ZQ) on a Hennessy Hammock. I highly recommend the PeaPod with 2oz. of Overfill. Essential cold weather hammock gear. Won't be disappointed!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I want this so bad.....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    I tried it one time so far on my WBBB. It definitely will work, but it is not optimum, because the "wall" on the rt side interferes with the pod laying down on that side. But, the Speer hammock, for which the pod is designed, does that any way on both sides. A little less lift than the BB causes on thre right, but less on the left. I think bottom line is it will work about as well as it does on a Speer hammock, intended to be used with at least a light top quilt or Speer top blanket in cold temps. ( although obviously, you would not be able to use either the net or the side tie outs if the pod was mostly closed up. But I was still plenty comfortable even without the BB sides pulled out, and I was able to fully close the pod and I was able to turn on my side and at the same time rotate the pod so that the breathing hole was on the side by my face.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    Yes, the Speer PeaPod will work wonderfully with a #2 zipper mod (thanks to 2Q and ZQ) on a Hennessy Hammock. I highly recommend the PeaPod with 2oz. of Overfill. Essential cold weather hammock gear. Won't be disappointed!
    Hey 2trees, there you are! So did you get the PeaPod and use it with the HH/zipmod? Not to hijack, but if so start a thread and fill us in!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast