Thanks as always for the kind words....really all I do is push down the button and hope that I can get enough prompts to help recollect down the road.
The weekend was just fantastic. The group that assembled was simply good to be with and around...makes me look forward to the next.
Speaking of, it's time to get eggs in order for the RHK hang in February. I was on Round Bald most of the afternoon just soaking up the aura of the Roan.
Bill please post pics/vids of your sock. We sock lovers would love to see what your bringing to the sock table.
Hangnout's latest in some ways is even more advanced than the cuben models I've got; he's got this ingenious 'pleat' (for lack of better words) system in the bottom that accomplishes a lot of things at once.
You might have heard in the vid that I didn't get any appreciable condensation and that was with the SEEP fully up and the tarp fully battened flat to the hammock body--to keep as warm as possible.
Poof in the first gen. Dirigible wasn't as lucky. She had a measureable amount of condensate in the bottom of the sock. If we had a teaspoon we could have filled it one and a half times......that's not bad but that means more condensate was inside her quilts. We've learned that if the quilt is in contact with the sock and the environmental conditions are right condensate will form where they contact. The quilt she was using was against the non breathable cuben whereas mine was not in contact. Luckily simple solutions present for that situation, she just didn't know at the time.
In the mean time I'm going to go ahead and see if Hangnout will let me pre-order one of the new models made he had 2Sticks in on the BSF hang...there will be times when I might want a sock that can stand up to more than cuben can.