Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension

Why I hate hammocks TR

Well now that I have your attention Been practricing a little bit with iMovie. I know the movie is shotty and the cutting is something to be desired...but how else am I supposed to learn. It would have been nice to figure out how to fade the music away after the slide show. And I have no idea why the "scenes" of my are so close up. the play back before all of my editing and exporting/importing was nice and clear and you could actually see most of me and the hammock..not just my ugly face half cut out on the lower left coner uh,uh. And I have no idea why its so grainy...I had the res on the highest setting.

Now that I am figuring things out though...maybe I can start doing gear reviews, and other things that are in my head. BTW I have 2012 iMac2.7 for all you computer people out there that want to lend a helping hand.

Any way just a quick TR of a little get away to Umtanum Creek in about 1.5 hours away, and though I would share.

Thanks for watching

I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Did you have YouTube fix "shaky Video"? That often makes it worse and seems to affect the ratio. To me it always looks kinda floaty. Better to fix shaky video on iMovie by using Image Stabilization.
    As to music fade. Double click your video clip in the "Project" on iMovie. You should get the Inspector Panel. Go to Audio. look down and you will see "Fade in and Fade Out". Slide the sliders over a bit on Fade Out and there you go.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Did you have YouTube fix "shaky Video"? That often makes it worse and seems to affect the ratio. To me it always looks kinda floaty. Better to fix shaky video on iMovie by using Image Stabilization.
    As to music fade. Double click your video clip in the "Project" on iMovie. You should get the Inspector Panel. Go to Audio. look down and you will see "Fade in and Fade Out". Slide the sliders over a bit on Fade Out and there you go.
    Shug
    Ya did use the "fix shaky video" with you tube. I figured hey every bit of help I can get. I will work on it some more after the T-day break..not gonna have acces to my computer till Sunday. Thanks for the tips.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Images
    Good start on video making. I really liked the pause to hear the creek. Good balance of gear and camp location. Looking forward to your next.
    Hope the trip helped with getting your mojo back to tackle another week in civilization.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Good first rip at the video reporting, Mugs! I, too, am just about to learn how to use iMovie 11. I also like to get out alone for a solo, at times, we need that experience. Keep working on the vids, and with the help of some of the maestros here, I am sure we can have decent video reports forthcoming!

Thanks!

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Enjoyed the video. Looked like a nice spot. Its great that you can hop over to the east side for some drier camping. Its been raining here steady for weeks so i also have been practicing fire starting skills out in the wet. Good skills.
    Question, are UGQ's draft tubes along the sides, ends , or both???.
    Thanks for posting

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This feller is a good teacher....Garrett.....http://www.lynda.com/iMovie-11-tutor...g/77957-2.html
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    If you're near an Apple store, for $99 you can get an hour of one on one tutoring each week.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Good start. Keep making movies, and keep editing. I learn something new every time I do it. Keep having fun, and it keeps you excited about learning more. Thanks for sharing. Bummer we couldn't hook up and camp together. My schedule's been a bear, but hopefully ail level out for the winter camping season.
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    HEX
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    I saw it when it was first uploaded at 3am before the Youtube fix. Don't ever let Youtube fix your videos. It just messes most up.. I didn't think it was bad for a first run. As already said.. Practice, practice , practice. You will get better.. Sorry cant help with imovie... If its made by Apple I'm not sure I could even turn it on

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast