Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Enjoyed the video. Looked like a nice spot. Its great that you can hop over to the east side for some drier camping. Its been raining here steady for weeks so i also have been practicing fire starting skills out in the wet. Good skills.
    Question, are UGQ's draft tubes along the sides, ends , or both???.
    Thanks for posting

bill
    Ya we have had record rains, this week. 4inches and hour I am used to that in snow but not rain.

The UGQ draft collars are along the ends (head and foot) and they really take the fiddle factor out of "sealing issues" I highly recommend them for anything 20f and below.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    This feller is a good teacher....Garrett.....http://www.lynda.com/iMovie-11-tutor...g/77957-2.html
    Shug
    Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Bummer we couldn't hook up and camp together. My schedule's been a bear, but hopefully ail level out for the winter camping season.
    Ya it would be nice to hang out besides the winter hang...speaking of which any tentative dates yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nryche View Post
    I saw it when it was first uploaded at 3am before the Youtube fix. Don't ever let Youtube fix your videos. It just messes most up.. I didn't think it was bad for a first run. As already said.. Practice, practice , practice. You will get better.. Sorry cant help with imovie... If its made by Apple I'm not sure I could even turn it on
    Ya I couldn't believe when I got up at 5 that the was already a comment
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    No dates yet for the Winter Hang. My Schedule should be settling out in January. Unfortunately that's the earliest I can set a date.
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    10:20, now that’s late! lol Yes, I’ve had the same problem and have considered making a petition to have hammocks banned. I like to start hiking at the crack of dawn, but I often get stuck in my hammock – big problem that I don’t want to solve.

Nice place in that canyon and all! Book yourself in to do another solo there, for sure! Heeyyyyy, my aunty lives in Seattle, she’s alright, no need to get away from her! lol Good tip for first soloing - close to car. Same goes for cold weather gear testing.

As for your video editing skills, I think you’re your own biggest critic! You did good, it’s your editor, or something that needs work (a good tradesman always blames his tools). And like you say, how else are you supposed to learn.

I hardly ever use video stabilization, or any of the other so-called video fixing tools. The more I mess with, and try to fix videos, the more problems I have, and I have had A LOT of problems! The trick to shake free video is to use a tripod. Without a tripod, how you hold the camera will make a noticeable difference to the shake factor.

As a test, try redoing the video, but this time just cut it all together and don’t try to fix it. And like nryche said, don’t let YouTube fix it either. Also, do some test videoing out in the backyard to see which way of holding the camera, while walking and while panning works best for you (try finger tips and elbows out). When walking, don’t let the heels of you feet hit the ground – tip toe a bit.

I also think that the combination of video camera, computer, graphics card and video editing software will effect the end result of your video. You can add to that the processing that goes on when you upload to YouTube too. I’ve had lots of problems with that too.

I use the Basic Uploader, because it makes less changes to the video during the processing stage, I think it’s quicker too:

http://www.youtube.com/upload_classic

I tried 6 or 7 video editors, before I found one that worked “ok” on my computer and with my camera: Cyberlink Power Director. Mac computers LOVE video editing, so your nice new Mac should be ok.

Anyway, mugs, I hope you can find something in the above to be of use!

Happy editing!

Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great video - nuthin' wrong with your iSkillz. The more you use them the easier it is. I had my first solo on a 3 day hike of the Bruce trail. I'm glad I didn't see your video cause that might have changed my mind (with your stay close to the car advice - nothing wrong with it, it's just not me). But I can totally relate to hating hammocks - man I did not want to get up from that comfy UGQ set up I had the first night - no sereee bob! I didn't get up till about the same time as you. Wasted day hiking wise but a great day because I was spending time outside having a great time. In fact it was a miserable day for the average person as I recall, rained all day, hailed in fact, but I really was loving every minute of it (Loverboy btw). I can not wait to get back out there!

But this is your story, thanks for sharing! I can't wait till tomorrow - we're having a group hang close to home….totally stoked. Keep up with the vids. Ramble on friend!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the video! I love what you said : "the worst part about hammocks is you cant get out of them!"
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Ya I really do struggle with getting out of them in the morning. It is especially hard when I have a high mileage day that I need to get knocked out, in order to be on point by the end a trip, or end of the day.

The one benefit of being a ground dweller was I was always eager ansd ready to get up, because I was in soo much pain.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    Whoa, I was surprised to see my old cook kit. Forgot who I sold it to. I'm sure glad I kept the other. Im back camping again!

Hammock
    darien
    Tarp
    minifly
    Insulation
    WL/EE
    We gotta get out of this place ' The Animals' - 1965

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation