HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Cuben Cuben Cuben
    Insulation
    FEATHERS N STUFF
    Suspension
    DiY Mule LarksHead
    Images
    Reading and rereading this thread in anticipation! HH Scout came in mail today, and without a doubt going to hang on my porch tonight to get testing it out ASAP. Look forward to meeting each one of you and exchanging the undesirables! Will post with update in a.m. of how first winter hang went over

Hammock
    DIY Gathered & Whipped/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopie slings Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by brown4914 View Post
    Reading and rereading this thread in anticipation! HH Scout came in mail today, and without a doubt going to hang on my porch tonight to get testing it out ASAP. Look forward to meeting each one of you and exchanging the undesirables! Will post with update in a.m. of how first winter hang went over
    I was thinking the same thing. I was talking to hill hopper and we were thinking of driving up late Friday night and sneaking in a extra night. That's if his wife gives the ok!

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    has anyone hiked the trails there ,what are they like.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Cuben Cuben Cuben
    Insulation
    FEATHERS N STUFF
    Suspension
    DiY Mule LarksHead
    Images
    Update: my first hang was extremely warm and successful! Well, not entirely. Tried to hang on porch but the distances of poles weren't cooperating so I hung it in my basement off of a weight bench and a structural beam and the rest of the night is warm history I have Wednesday Thursday and Friday off this week (astoundingly) and I want nothing else than to plan a trip. I may even drive to whispering pines and hike through the loops just to get a feel for it, who knows

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    has anyone hiked the trails there ,what are they like.
    There's not a lot of elevation changes, but there is a wide variety of trail surface. You go from climbing over boulders, to smooth dirt and fine gravel, to even sand in some spots. The majority of the trail follows the creek. Scenery is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by brown4914 View Post
    Update: my first hang was extremely warm and successful! Well, not entirely. Tried to hang on porch but the distances of poles weren't cooperating so I hung it in my basement off of a weight bench and a structural beam and the rest of the night is warm history I have Wednesday Thursday and Friday off this week (astoundingly) and I want nothing else than to plan a trip. I may even drive to whispering pines and hike through the loops just to get a feel for it, who knows

Congrats on a successful first hang!
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    For anyone who's coming from the west side of Hawn up along highly 32, you'll be driving right past a place called Pickle Springs. You can't camp there and it's only a small hiking loop but it's a very very beautiful hike with some neat rock/boulder cliffs, a nice little spring and some pretty trails; it really is worth it.

So if you get up Sunday and hike a bit and head back home (heading west on 32) you can turn off to Pickle Springs and it's only 10 minutes out of your way. You can walk the whole thing and enjoy it well in 2 hours. For guys like rngn and CB4 they could hike it in 40 minutes.

It was one of my favorite day hikes when my kid's were little and we still go there every year. It's also good for folks who can't handle the high miles but want a really nice hike. If you google it you'll see where it is in relationship to Hawn State Park. Even if you don't make it on this trip, it's definitely a place to add to your "places to go" list. So if you ever go back to Hawn you can build it into your itinerary.

Gideon

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I have been wanting to hike Pickle Springs for years and always seem to get to busy to stop by. Well I am off work the 18th 19th 20th and 21st so I think I may stay through Monday at Hawn State Park and head over there first thing Monday morning. Or I may go down early check out Pickle Springs for the day and camp at Hawn Friday night. Chewy let me know if you and Hill hopper are planning on a Friday night hang.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopie slings Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by digitizer101 View Post
    I have been wanting to hike Pickle Springs for years and always seem to get to busy to stop by. Well I am off work the 18th 19th 20th and 21st so I think I may stay through Monday at Hawn State Park and head over there first thing Monday morning. Or I may go down early check out Pickle Springs for the day and camp at Hawn Friday night. Chewy let me know if you and Hill hopper are planning on a Friday night hang.

Looking forward to meeting everyone
    Ok I will. Im open for whatever just waiting on Brian to get the ok. If he doesn't go I'll go up Friday for sure. I'll keep you posted.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopie slings Duh
    I know this will change 10 times until next weekend but now they are call for a low of 18 Friday night and a 60% chance of snow. So make sure you are prepared for cooold!!

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    Hey guys im now planning on doing a section hike on the OT after we get done with the hang on sunday if anyone is interested . I was planning about 33 miles or so nothing set in stone but if your interested and your already going to be at the hang why not . pm me and we will talk
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast