Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I'm guessing at your size, you won't be able to lengthen the ridge line because of the damage you may do to the hammock and shortening them won't help you much. My main concern here is I don't think you want to go with lighter weight support lines. You won't save much weight, if at all, and at your size you risk falling down. At up to 230 lbs, you need support lines that will handle about 500 lbs each. You want a 30 degree or so angle, but sometimes the trees just won't cooperate and you wind up a little tighter than you'd like. If after all you've experimented with, you still can't get comfortable, you may be one of those rare persons who just don't fit in a WBBB. You might want to look at the longer hammocks, like an 11 ft Dream Hammock (http://www.dream-hammock.com/index.html). There are many others available as well. The extra length will weigh more than shorter ones, but that is the lot of the larger hammock hanger.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    This is probably not really the answer you're looking for, but do you really need a bug net year 'round? You could get a traveler hammock or similar and not have to carry the bug net when its not needed. I don't know if there is a mod out there to make the bug net removable on the blackbird? Food for thought.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle Asym XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 30DSy
    Suspension
    'Biners/rings
    I, too, have been a weight weenie when it comes to cycling and camping gear. But I've learned that if I need to pare down a few ounces, or maybe even a pound, then skeletonizing the spork or cheeseholing the hammock are the last things I need to try. Instead, I simply need to walk 30 minutes daily, do 20 pushups and 20 situps, and cut my calories to 1500/day... and within a week I've lost a couple of pounds. Keep this advanced load-lightening strategy up for a couple of months and your pack is effectively weightless!

Seriously, it's a lot cheaper to lose the weight off of you than off of your gear... and a lot better for both you and the gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12