Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

For those of you that have an incubator, is the head end supposed to have a draw cord like the foot end to cinch up the collar?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    For those of you that have an incubator, is the head end supposed to have a draw cord like the foot end to cinch up the collar?
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunred View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Delete......
    Last edited by xcrazydx; 12-16-2012 at 22:14.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    The feedback about tears in the fabric and missing pieces has me worried that quality has slipped under the new "elves". I know Adam and Jenny will stand behind their products, but I'm going to give a close look over my Incubator when it comes in to make sure its up to their usual standards. With the volume I can understand the QC may lack, but I'd rather wait for a quality product.

Whats the saying: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."? I think it applies here too.

Delete.....
    Last edited by xcrazydx; 12-16-2012 at 22:14.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Doesn't even respond to me, didn't do as he said he would,
    I'm interested in this part? How long have you given him to make it right. What request went unfulfilled?

Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    I'm interested in this part? How long have you given him to make it right. What request went unfulfilled?
    Delete......
    Last edited by xcrazydx; 12-16-2012 at 22:13.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Just received my 20* Burrow and 40* Incubator (Order # 171). Quality is on par with a 20* Incubator I received a couple of months ago. Really amazing craftsmanship in all my HG products. Far, far exceeds the quality of mass market outdoor gear I've purchased.

I will never hesitate buying from this business.

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    The feedback about tears in the fabric and missing pieces has me worried that quality has slipped under the new "elves". I know Adam and Jenny will stand behind their products, but I'm going to give a close look over my Incubator when it comes in to make sure its up to their usual standards. With the volume I can understand the QC may lack, but I'd rather wait for a quality product.

Whats the saying: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."? I think it applies here too.
    fwiw I've had my Incubator for 2 years so it pre-dates any new elves. I wish I could pinpoint what happened to cause the tear but since I can't it's hard to place blame. It's small and only on the grosgrain so I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix.

Yeah, I'm done with hammock gear stuff. First and last time I will do business with those guys. Doesn't even respond to me, didn't do as he said he would, and missing pieces. Strike 3, you're out!
    I'm really surprised they would've forgotten the drawstring on the Incubator. And your experience is completely opposite what I've experienced in my dealings with Adam and Jenny. Hope things get worked out.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    He hasn't responded in over 2 weeks. The request doesn't even matter at this point. If the collar doesn't cinch up, the breeze blows right through and negates having an uq at all. It's just a huge gap that air blows through. Now I have to go find some shock cord and lockers, poke some holes, feed it through and make my own. Guess I should have made my own uq or bought one that is usable. So lame.
    I understand your frustration with not getting the product you paid for. I hope you realize that the vendors on this site are very small operations, 1 - 2 people, and Hammock Gear is no exception even with the extra elves they hired for the Black Friday rush. They did get slammed with over 250 orders in a very short amount of time. Some things are expected to fall through the cracks.

In your case, the solution to your issue is easily rectified, by running the shock cord through the head end channel yourself. You don't even need to get any cord locks. Just remove one from the foot end channel and tie a stopper knot to hold one side in place. This should be less than a 5 minute job.

If Adam or Jenny see your posts on this thread, I am sure they will make it right with you.

Cheers

Brian
    Last edited by BrianWillan; 12-14-2012 at 22:51.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast