Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I hated mine the first few times, but stuck with it. Keep encouraging, they'll get there....especially if they have to sleep on the ground and lay on roots a few times

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    First night camping in a hammock resulted in me being tossed onto the ground rather unceremoniously at least twice (old GI mosquito hammock rigged banjo string tight). I'd call this "outing" with the family a huge success by comparison....

Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    Dang, from the title I expected to see Barack and Michelle.................
    " Wiggs "

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It takes practice for sure.

You've already accomplished a lot more than I have so far with getting people to try it out. I still have a nice hot pink hammock that my girlfriend's never used. lol

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    It takes practice for sure.

You've already accomplished a lot more than I have so far with getting people to try it out. I still have a nice hot pink hammock that my girlfriend's never used. lol

Fronkey
    The same one your cousin used on the sht right? I'm surprised, that thing is so fly!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    The same one your cousin used on the sht right? I'm surprised, that thing is so fly!
    Yep. I made that thing to get my girlfriend to come with me and that is the first time it had ever been used over night. lol

Fronkey

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I gave up on my gathered end hammock too quickly and decided it would never work because I'm such an active sleeper. I just bought a ridge runner and will be sticking with that over the winter on the basement. Maybe one day I'll be able to use a gathered end. Not sad I was permitted to buy a great new hammock though.
    Travel Journal: http://clackstont100.weebly.com/

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear, KAQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles baby
    @stairguy...sorry, didn't even think of that! Too funny! Now THERE'S a visual!

@Fronkey: my son was excited to try out the hammock, in part because of your videos! He had seen me watching one of your videos on the Superior Hiking Trail, wanted to know what I was doing, so I showed him. I explained that you were a backpacker/hammocker who did these videos, and that you often hiked with a dog or two....then the next thing I know, we had watched the rest of the videos in that series. Pretty cool!

The next day, we had tickets to see the Ravens (we're ridiculous Ravens homers). This is a very big deal in the bdaabat household...we dont often get to go to games. We go to the game, end up having a fabulous time, and as we're driving home after being at the stadium for the past 6 hours, my son looks at me and says, "Dad, when we get home, can we watch more Fronkey videos?".

You've made an impression!

He's still excited to try hammocking... I think the overall excitement of sleeping in the hammock was part of the problem. He couldn't get to sleep!

I've recently convinced Mrs. Bdaabat that we need to establish some eye bolts in the basement to set up our hammocks. So, yes, even though the overnight wasn't a sleeping success for the whole family, I believe the overall experience was a big success.

Thanks!!

Bruce

My 11yr old son slept soundly in a fishnet hammock this summer.He is a back sleeper and is not going to have any trouble with any of them.My 9 yr old daughter has been promised one when it gets warmer.She sleeps all over the place so it will be interesting.My wife is a back sleeper and wants to try one on the next family(warm)campout. After ending up with the last camp site and having to pitch our tent on #2 stone,(not kidding) hammocks are sounding good to everyone in my family.

I have found that in the WB It is easier to turn to my left side than the right
    and I can't figure out why,but luckily I sleep on my left mostly.One more thing is I think when you spread out width wise it tends to make the UQ seperate from the hammock a little and you can feel the cold immediately.The quilt conforms better to you on your back.Just my observations, for what they are worth. I am determined to have blissful all night slumbers someday.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See-um
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Insulation
    Big Ol Sleepin'bag
    Suspension
    cheap 1" straps
    Seems there's just no telling why some take to it right away. I'm a stomach sleeper and snort my self awake every time I try to sleep on my back in bed. My first night out in my hammock I slept soundly on my back all night long even went back in for a nap after breakfast.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast