HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WVScouter View Post
    Pee bottle unless you are willing to crawl out from beneath the tarp
    Considering I am of the female variety, this is not an option unfortunately i just have to put on my big-girl britches and freeze my booty off!

Btw, I ended up bailing. I was warm enough, but the wind was so off the chain that I just could not sleep. The problem was not the noise, but the wind caused the trees to sway to the point that my hammock and tarp would fold and then snap me awake. Rude.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    and 6 mph winds.

Been considering testing my Wilderness Logics SSUQ supplemented with a space blanket tonight too. That with my 15* down bag, and my HH Under Cover as a backup. I've had the SSUQ down to 31* with the space blanket without the Under Cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Success, overnight low of 23*, thin running pants, long sleeve thermal, light sweater, and added a thin fleece about 5 am. Now I've got to figure out what TQ I need to replace the 15* REI mummy bag.
    OK, so you were warm with a 10 oz 45F rated UQ ( WL SSUQ ) at 23F? BooYah yet again for the radiant/vapor barrier approach! So for a couple oz of added wt, if you used the lighter style space blanket, you added 20 plus degrees to the quilts warmth? Not too shabby! Added benefit: no body vapor condensing in your quilt! I knew there was a reason I like to add space blankets to my Super Shelters and Pea Pod!

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Considering I am of the female variety, this is not an option unfortunately i just have to put on my big-girl britches and freeze my booty off!

Btw, I ended up bailing. I was warm enough, but the wind was so off the chain that I just could not sleep. The problem was not the noise, but the wind caused the trees to sway to the point that my hammock and tarp would fold and then snap me awake. Rude.
    Well, at least you were warm! I would have been surprised if you were not! Here's a tip: ear plugs!

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    hmmm...?
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ biners
    Quote Originally Posted by WVScouter View Post
    Pee bottle unless you are willing to crawl out from beneath the tarp
    +1...million

I made the above mistake this weekend in 32 degrees with winds. I answered the call and was miserable for a good half hour for doing so. Live and learn they say....

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Well, I guess that does pose a unique challenge! Based on how I felt the other night, if I was of the fairer sex, I would figure something out, lol. Necessity is the...

The distance is nothing. It's only the first step that's important.--- Marie Anne De Vichy-Chamrond

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up, how small does that compress? I looked at it but if I remember it's synthetic isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    I took my KAQ Owyhee down to 30 degrees on Friday 11/23. I'm hoping I might be able to take it a bit lower. I have the long because I like pulling it up over my head when I sleep. I used a cheap Sunshade (foam backed) from Walmart between my UQ an hammock.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Yeah, I thought protecting the quilt was a bonus. the SB was a heatsheets by SOL orange on one side. Next trial will be the quilt with the SS UC. Also thinking of cutting the space blanket to the size of the UQ.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OK, so you were warm with a 10 oz 45F rated UQ ( WL SSUQ ) at 23F? BooYah yet again for the radiant/vapor barrier approach! So for a couple oz of added wt, if you used the lighter style space blanket, you added 20 plus degrees to the quilts warmth? Not too shabby! Added benefit: no body vapor condensing in your quilt! I knew there was a reason I like to add space blankets to my Super Shelters and Pea Pod!

Well, at least you were warm! I would have been surprised if you were not! Here's a tip: ear plugs!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12