Hammock
    DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    There's definitely reasons to do static line or IAD student jumps vs AFF...like you said you learn to fly your canopy, etc. before worrying about free fall...though without going into details, I think there's benefits to AFF as well.

WickedKlown2: if you're in middle TN, it looks like there's a DZ about 65 miles W of Nashville...http://www.uspa.org/FindaDZ/GroupMem...8/Default.aspx

If anyone's interested, here's video of my 1st tandem jump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1yLcF78nY

rcracin24,

Looks like you had no hesitation, a great door exit and even some canopy driver time. Great Jump ( also never say something is your "First" around fellow Jumpers or a DZ because you owe the person who calls you on it a case of beer )

Please don't get me wrong as I watched both progressing toward getting their A License and I envied the A.F.F. guys a little more some days. You are correct on the pros and cons of both but I had to go with I.A.D. because that's what the GBSPA taught ( it closely modeled Army Airborne School and a technique we would be used to ) and Big Army signed off on in order to keep our health and life benefits in case of an accident.

Believe me I have researched the DZs in my A.O. but the Wife still says no and to keep my feet on terra firma unless the Military tells me to

A little vid I like to watch over and over again to remind me of what I am missing ( I am not in this vid and I don't know any of these Jumpers ) :

Blue Skies
    Last edited by WickedKlown2; 11-28-2012 at 01:49.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2 View Post
    rcracin24,

Looks like you had no hesitation, a great door exit and even some canopy driver time. Great Jump
    Thanks!...I've got another tandem and a couple static lines under my belt since this video...this conversation's really got me itching to jump again!

also never say something is your "First" around fellow Jumpers or a DZ because you owe the person who calls you on it a case of beer
    Oh crap...I knew that & didn't think of it!...guess I owe you one...

Please don't get me wrong as I watched both progressing toward getting their A License and I envied the A.F.F. guys a little more some days. You are correct on the pros and cons of both but I had to go with I.A.D. because that's what the GBSPA taught ( it closely modeled Army Airborne School and a technique we would be used to ) and Big Army signed off on in order to keep our health and life benefits in case of an accident.

Believe me I have researched the DZs in my A.O. but the Wife still says no and to keep my feet on terra firma unless the Military tells me to
    Bummer...no wife for me, but I know there's people who are glad I haven't jumped in a few months...

A little vid I like to watch over and over again to remind me of what I am missing ( I am not in this vid and I don't know any of these Jumpers )
    Cool video...some nice free flying, head down, etc! There's definitely no shortage of skydiving videos to watch...I could watch them all day! (You mean you're not the one in the yellow bikini w/ red flower???) just kidding...

Blue Skies

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Ok enough talk about skydiving....I'm really starting to get that itch that can only be cured by playing chicken with a planet.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Roger, Roger SwinginIt

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic :

I hope that you have scored some good hours hangin' in the new facility !

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Looks great. I think I need to convert a room like that. I like your eye bolts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345