Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    WOW, the change of heart is a surprise, and my wife surprised me recently when she told me "that one hammock I'd try", she was looking at a Chrysalis, so let me know when you want to sell that one! The last time my wife went camping was 1985. I think she may be due for her next camping trip.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Swankfly, my husband really supports me in my addiction (sort of), but he did have this strange look on his face when he saw all the gear on Sunday.
    GrannyPat, I do like to help with public service. I try to convert folks all the time.
    I guess if my husband sold all my gear (upon my death) for what I told him it cost, it would make some folks very happy and may make some new converts. I would be smiling down from heaven at that. (as you say, you can't take it with you)
    Actually my gear will be in the will to all my kids, grandkids, neices and nephews and any other relatives or neighbors that want to hang.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    I cleaned out the home gym and donated the equipment to my workplace. (I can still work out, but now have room for gear ) So, I cleaned up the room and it is now filled with all my hammock gear and sewing supplies. I now realize (my husband does too ) how much gear I have. Three sewing machines, numerous hammocks, too many backpacks, more tarps than necessary, overage of UQ&TQ's, and bins full of suspension, shiny bling, some Dutch gear, Niteize, S-biners, carabiners, tree straps, poncho liners, hammock material, and sewing supplies, amsteel/dynaglide and much more. How did I get to this point?? Looks like I won't be needing any gear for a while. Especially now since the hubby has a better idea of how much is really in there. He thinks I am outfitting the local military base. Oh well, you guys get it, right???
    What, were you snooping in MY STASH? Gee, I hope not, you described my perfectly except I have 4 thread injectors. Plus now my adult daughter is also infected with the Hanging Bug. She is using my stash and growing her own. LOL

Is there a 12 Step Program for DYI Hangers, Hi my name is ....

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Egad, folks, I read too many posts that could have been written by me. I am now scared, like I have been through some odd sort of intervention. Is that possible on line by people I have never met???

I have been known to be less than truthful about what I paid for something, I slip thing into my gear selection without braging. Hm, maybe I have a problem. We could hold our 12 step meeting on line, maybe trade... I must stop this behavior, before I go broke. I had no idea there are so many of us. Wow

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Images
    Thankfully I'm still new to the addiction, so I'm still buying the cheap stuff and making the easy items, like alcohol stoves and wind screens and Imusa pots from Wal-Mart.

But I'm getting ready to move on to the hard stuff. I'm getting ready make my first silnylon tarp and a DIY re-purposed UQ from a sleeping bag, a hammock stand for camping and the back yard. Then there is that full length down UQ I want to make and . . . and . . .

So, where is that 12 step meeting?

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    HurtHeart, we are not alone, and it feels good to hear from others with the same addiction. I have the three sewing machines, but I haven't done any DIY because I didn't have the room. Now I have the room, and need to find the time. Always something.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    HurtHeart, we are not alone, and it feels good to hear from others with the same addiction. I have the three sewing machines, but I haven't done any DIY because I didn't have the room. Now I have the room, and need to find the time. Always something.
    It's not an addiction though. We can quit at any point, right? I mean, it's not like I NEED my hammock nap. I could survive if I didn't get one in...right?!?

Luckily, I only have 1 hammock (if you don't include my airplane hammock that stays in my flying bag) and everything else still fits in a small-ish box in my hall closet.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    Off my old tent
    Insulation
    -5 Sleepybag.
    Suspension
    Web straps
    Heh.

I easily have $500 worth of gear kicking around that I only use once or twice a year. (Winter stuff, mostly....but just try camping once without it.)

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I hate to even think about how much money I have invested in all my gear. I think I would cry, because of what I could have put as a good down payment on some acreage.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    12 X 12 Guide Gear
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    How does the saying go?...You can't be too rich, ..too thin, ..or have too much hanging gear. Ha!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast