Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    Lol, I wish you had posted this a couple of days ago. I just got my shipping notice yesterday for my Tarp Flyz on the 10 ft zing it length. I ordered the Flyz instead of the Stingerz for the "just in case" factor. I would probably have bought a couple of short dog bones if they had been an option. My theory is that I can keep the flyz near the tarp for the "V" wrap most of the time, but if I run into a bigger tree or greater span, I will just adjust one or both of the Flyz closer to the tree, sacrificing the "V" for the additional distance. No big deal. In many ways, the Flyz are more functional (and lighter), than the Stingers, so I am happy with my purchase. I can't wait to try them out and add to my Dutchware collection.
    Yeah this is a learn as you go thing for all of us. I do not believe that we will ever have a perfect system. I have put this in a few threads and since you bring it up I will put it again here, "Please do not hesitate to ask about products before you order and please feel free to request variances, chances are we will say, "no worries"". Let us know how you like the Flyz.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 03-10-2013 at 20:08. Reason: wording

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Let us know how you like the Flyz.
    I got them today. I really like them. I went out and tried them on both sets of trees I hang from in my yard, one very close together and one far apart. They work great. I like the smaller zing it than I had on my CRL. The lines are much more manageable. On my CRL, the extra line was always getting caught on the figure 9s when I was wrapping up my tarp. I like the tarp flyz much better. I thought I preferred the CRL for ease of tarp adjustment, but I think these are just as quick. With a CRL, I set the line, stepped back to eye it, then had to individually slide each prussik. It is about the same for the tarp flyz. Just loosen one a bit and tighten the other. I am sold. Thanks guys. Dutchware comes through again.

Hammock
    Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    I got them today. I really like them. I went out and tried them on both sets of trees I hang from in my yard, one very close together and one far apart. They work great. I like the smaller zing it than I had on my CRL. The lines are much more manageable. On my CRL, the extra line was always getting caught on the figure 9s when I was wrapping up my tarp. I like the tarp flyz much better. I thought I preferred the CRL for ease of tarp adjustment, but I think these are just as quick. With a CRL, I set the line, stepped back to eye it, then had to individually slide each prussik. It is about the same for the tarp flyz. Just loosen one a bit and tighten the other. I am sold. Thanks guys. Dutchware comes through again.
    Thats why I use them.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    look at all this and then decide. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by krshome; 03-14-2013 at 09:16.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    13x10camo, SuprFly
    Insulation
    Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    webbing,biners,RL
    Awesome info...

Thanks for sharing

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ-Leighlo TQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Thanks krshome for the pics...really shows there is no end to how to hang your tarp...comes down to preference and experiance.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz View Post
    Thanks krshome for the pics...really shows there is no end to how to hang your tarp...comes down to preference and experiance.
    Your welcome! I use two different setups Dutch Flys on my small tarp (I really love). On my big tarp Dutch hook on a continuos ridge line to connect to a continuos loop on one ends D-ring. On the other end of the tarps D-ring a stinger. I have done a lot of different set ups but these two are my favorites for now. Have fun fooling around and just buy everything Dutch sells, it's all good.
    Last edited by krshome; 03-14-2013 at 09:18.

Hammock
    Darien UL/WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Geaar
    Insulation
    HG and EE
    Suspension
    Dutch
    I'm starting to get a headache, thinking of all the different ways I can set up my tarp!

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by engine386 View Post
    I'm starting to get a headache, thinking of all the different ways I can set up my tarp!
    Solution is to set it up just one way (at first), and dream about the way you'll set it up the next time - while napping in the hammock underneath your tarp.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ-Leighlo TQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Solution is to set it up just one way (at first), and dream about the way you'll set it up the next time - while napping in the hammock underneath your tarp.
    The real truth is there is no solution. As long as Dutch keeps Makin stuff were going to fiddle until there's an extra L in the word.

On my big tarp Dutch hook on a continuos ridge line to connect to a continuos loop on one ends D-ring. On the other end of the tarps D-ring a stinger.
    I use the same setup on my hex except I have stingers on both ends. So easy to set up, and so easy to center. No knots, no buries… Just a real quick set up.
    But you know what I think I'm going to try your way for a change (sorry just an excuse to buy some more Dutch stuff!)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast