Ok, so I'm sitting here with 4 patrol bags that I knee jerked won on Ebay, but at 5 a piece and free shipping....there's got to be something worth while to make them into.

We already use patrol bags as our TQ, so we don't need them there.

We have 3/4 length down UQ, that I made and are supposedly good to 20 degrees, but I get cold easily. I want make something to help the UQ work even better.

I've already cut into two of the patrol bags and kind-of squared them out. One end is a bit narrower. No Zippers and hemmed the sides, not the ends yet. Hoods are off, but still here. I knew with my width that I couldn't use as is for a peapod around the hammock and remain comfortable. (the other 2 bags are fully intact still).

Ideas: sewing together to get more width and doing a sort of peapod?

I also like this in the very first post picture http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...903#post863903

Perhaps adding to the length and spraying with some DWR to make an insulated undercover that goes over the down UQ?

I also have the option of using different hammocks to make into permanent winter hammocks if that helps the creative juices to flow. I may end up doing that anyways since my hammock is just so big I could leave it for 3 seasons and switch to the narrow hammock for winter mode.

I'd like to make "whatever" into 2 set-ups, one for myself, and one for my son.

If you had 4 patrol bags to do anything you wanted to, what would you try to attempt?