Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bridge Hammock Full Scale Pattern

I wanted to share my patterns I made for building my hammock (round #2)

Rather then fiddle fart around with drooping strings, tape measures and finding ways to mark on fabric. I fired up AutoCAD and drew up full scale plans that could be printed on 36"x48" Sheets (Arch E) paper. Went to a local fedex print center and for $9 a sheet they printed it out for me I cut Cut it out and its makes cutting the fabric a cake walk! I know that no every one has access to AutoCAD so I wanted to share the PDF files that you could take to fedex and they will print it for you!

This bridge Hammock's main body cut 82" Long and 54" Wide with a 6" drop in the middle of the curve.

I have its set for 36" inch wide poles on both side but you could go smaller like the professor talks about.

I have 1-1/2" on all the sides for hemming and rolling in webbing.

Main Body
    End Caps
    Bug Screen

If you would like me to draw up patterns in full scale for your project you only need to ask and send me the dimensions of every thing and I will draw it up. ACAD also makes it super easy to draw the arch's and parabola's so you don't need to solve for everything
    Last edited by MrDieselTwitch; 11-27-2012 at 18:21.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Thank-you so much for this! Um - the bug screen is showing up as the main body.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Thank-you so much for this! Um - the bug screen is showing up as the main body.
    Very Welcome

Problem fixed!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    nice work! I wish I knew my way around CAD programs. I can draw a righteous network diagram though
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Does Autocad have an easy or automatic way of calculating lengths of curves.

If so, I'd love to have the measurement for a curve 72" long and a maximum depth of 7 1/2"

I'm doing up a 'parts list' for my bridge hammock and having to guess at how much of things like the 1/2 rolled webbing I'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Boot View Post

If so, I'd love to have the measurement for a curve 72" long and a maximum depth of 7 1/2"

I'm doing up a 'parts list' for my bridge hammock and having to guess at how much of things like the 1/2 rolled webbing I'll need.
    Sure does, I'll run that for you when I get home in a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    nice work! I wish I knew my way around CAD programs. I can draw a righteous network diagram though
    We all have our area's Let me know if you want to draw up some of your designs. I had to modify your after my first build as I am 6' 1"

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Boot View Post

Arc Length is 74.066"

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDieselTwitch View Post
    We all have our area's Let me know if you want to draw up some of your designs. I had to modify your after my first build as I am 6' 1"

Arc Length is 74.066"
    Wow, thanks ever so much - I was way off on my guess. I was actually guesstimating it at a ratio of 1.25....way, way off...

You've probably saved me more than a couple of yards of various materials. I was more afraid of running short but I would have been way over.

Thanks again.

Getting extra is never really a bad thing.
    I've started to but in bulk and find ways to use the left over

No problem on the measure happy build

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDieselTwitch View Post
    Getting extra is never really a bad thing.
    I've started to but in bulk and find ways to use the left over

No problem on the measure happy build
    There are certainly things that I buy in bulk but having 2 yds of, say continuous zipper, left over when another zipped in bug net will need 6 means that it will likely sit in the 'parts drawer' for ever and ever.

Unfortunately I have to have everything shipped in from the US so I'm trying to pull the order as close to 'need' as possible while still making sure that I have sufficient quantity to do the job.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast