WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks

Dutchware Whoopie Hooks

So i have decided to buy whoopie hooks but it looks like you have to buy them already attached to whoopie slings. If i have whoopie slings already, is there a way of buying just the hooks and adding them to mine or is that impossible?

ALSO any push in the right direction to a video showing the right way to setup whoopie hooks AS WELL AS QUILT HOOKS by Dutch would be very appreciated .

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I don't have any videos but you can definitely buy them separately, as I just ordered some that way. $16/pair I believe, about halfway down the whoopie hook page. If you are placing them on the adjustable end of the sling, just pull it out of the bury, slide the hook on and resplice it.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    As the wise Breyman said it is easy to get them on existing whoopies. Or you can have them spliced on to the continuous loops that you may need anyhow. Or send me your whoopies and I will do it for free.
    Last edited by Dutch; 11-28-2012 at 19:23.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Or send me you r whoopies and I will do it for free.
    And that kind of service is one of the reasons why I buy so many things from Dutch, including all my Amsteel. That, and his products are truly innovative, useful and light.
    Brian
    Denver, CO

Hammock
    BB 1.7DL w/dutch
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TOP&BOTTOM
    Suspension
    DUTCH & WHOOPIES
    i know I have been keeping the boys at Dutch busy...I buy something every week it seems...
    I absolutely love the products and the service is about the best I have ever experienced..
    Thank you sooooo much..

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Ha! See if you get that kind of service at Walmart!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks
    Wow awesome. I think I'm just going to get the pre made ones and have two sets of whoopies! I LOVE DUTCHWARE!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Homemade Hex
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

attachment method

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin S and A View Post
    Wow awesome. I think I'm just going to get the pre made ones and have two sets of whoopies! I LOVE DUTCHWARE!
    Question: How are you planning to hook the Whoopie Slings to the tree huggers? The stream of consciousness below is why I ask...

I bought Whoopie Hooks on Whoopie Slings from Dutch and they are awesome, but I guess I was planning to use them differently than the way Dutch intended me to use them. I believe Dutch intends you to use the Whoopie sling attached directly to the tree hugger via a girth hitch (which eliminates having to use a Marlin Spike Hitch, or a carabiner, etc.). This saves the weight of hardware on the tree. As a result, the Dutch Whoopies are designed backwards so that the adjustable loop goes to the hammock and not the tree. I didn't really understand this at the time (I was/am a noob).

For me, the Whoopie Hook was to simply be a way to use the same Whoopie Slings on multiple hammocks. As long as each hammock has continuous loops on each end, the Whoopie Hook can just hook onto it. I still wanted to use the Dutch Buckles on the tree huggers BECAUSE it allows me some more length adjustment of the overall suspension. It also would allow me to not use the Whoopie Sling at all when the trees were close together... I could just hook the continuous loop around the Dutch Buckle and make any minor suspension length adjustments with the tree huggers and Dutch Buckles.

All this long description to say that the fixed eye of the Dutch Whoopie Sling is too small to fit easily around the Dutch buckle... it takes quite a bit of squeezing and pushing which I fear over time will degrade the Amsteel.

IF you want to use your Whoopie Slings with a Dutch Buckle or Marlin Spike Hitch on the tree hugger, I would ask Dutch to put the Whoopie Hook on the fixed eye of the Whoopie sling so that you can have the large adjustable loop to hook over the Dutch Hook or toggle on a Marlin Spike Hitch. OR, ask for the fixed eye to have a bigger diameter.

I want to be clear, this wasn't anything Dutch did wrong, I just didn't know enough yet to make sure I was getting what I needed.

Hammock
    HH Survivor Asym-HH Jungle-WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG 0* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Dutch & Company has exceptional service and takes the time to help his customers. I personally appreciated the service and friendship.

Thanks Dutch!

Roger
    Roger

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
    Question: How are you planning to hook the Whoopie Slings to the tree huggers? The stream of consciousness below is why I ask...

I bought Whoopie Hooks on Whoopie Slings from Dutch and they are awesome, but I guess I was planning to use them differently than the way Dutch intended me to use them. I believe Dutch intends you to use the Whoopie sling attached directly to the tree hugger via a girth hitch (which eliminates having to use a Marlin Spike Hitch, or a carabiner, etc.). This saves the weight of hardware on the tree. As a result, the Dutch Whoopies are designed backwards so that the adjustable loop goes to the hammock and not the tree. I didn't really understand this at the time (I was/am a noob).

For me, the Whoopie Hook was to simply be a way to use the same Whoopie Slings on multiple hammocks. As long as each hammock has continuous loops on each end, the Whoopie Hook can just hook onto it. I still wanted to use the Dutch Buckles on the tree huggers BECAUSE it allows me some more length adjustment of the overall suspension. It also would allow me to not use the Whoopie Sling at all when the trees were close together... I could just hook the continuous loop around the Dutch Buckle and make any minor suspension length adjustments with the tree huggers and Dutch Buckles.

All this long description to say that the fixed eye of the Dutch Whoopie Sling is too small to fit easily around the Dutch buckle... it takes quite a bit of squeezing and pushing which I fear over time will degrade the Amsteel.

IF you want to use your Whoopie Slings with a Dutch Buckle or Marlin Spike Hitch on the tree hugger, I would ask Dutch to put the Whoopie Hook on the fixed eye of the Whoopie sling so that you can have the large adjustable loop to hook over the Dutch Hook or toggle on a Marlin Spike Hitch. OR, ask for the fixed eye to have a bigger diameter.

I want to be clear, this wasn't anything Dutch did wrong, I just didn't know enough yet to make sure I was getting what I needed.
    Good points on the two primary ways the hooks can be used.

A few videos to provide visuals, if anyone needs them:

You're right, the hook goes on the large, adjustable loop when just larksheaded around the strap, like in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KTwhvd5ibR4

But, some folks use the hook on the small fixed end and then attach the adjustable end to the dutch buckle, like in this video, usually to create more adjustability as you mentioned:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DJcUbNl9nrU
    Brian
    Denver, CO

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast