Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Are the line locks Clamcleats or similar? Did you decide on two locks and two separate shock cords a side or one looped over and tightened by a single lock? Sorry for all the questions!
    I got the line locks from diygear, can't remember if there's a pic or not. I wasn't sure at the time weather i would have separate shocks cords or one looped around at each end . I sewed the 4 loops with the line lock in them and one shock cord per end of the hammock. I gave myself extra shock cord in the system to be able to go from Blackbird to lite Owl, about a foots difference. I'll use it and tweak it as i go and somewhere along the way i'll either leave it the way it is or have 4 separate shock cords.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    If the question is directed at my rigging, it was done with simple plastic hooks off old tent guy lines. The end lines were single shock cords tied to each corner of the UQ and the cord was hooked onto the continuous loops from the hammock. The foot was then hooked on each corner and the lines run up to a biner on the ridge line that was cord locked at the adjusted height. Will get some pix as soon as it's light enough. Just came in from the test hang and it worked very well. Simple is good.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My congratulations and salutations to your toasty buttocks)))))
    A mighty fine thing.
    I finally got to see Stormcrow's double suspension and it seems like a terrific solution.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    If you have a bit of sewing skills it only takes a few minutes. I used quilting bias tape you get at the fabric stores for the loops. I already had the shock cord and line locks but i think cord locks would work to.
    Cord locks work well, that is all I had on hand before the Grayson Highland hang, and I knew I had to do something with the sagging, they worked so well that I'm leaving it as it is.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Might be something for me to look at further. Adam was going to set up a retro kit (or instructions) for older quilts for us who wanted to the newer suspension. Hope that's coming along
    I actually just did my own revision last spring to my Incubators. There's gross grain along the edges. I cut a hole in it & singed it with a lighter. I then put shock cord through the gross grain to another hole. I put cord locks on each end. I can then tension up the side. Basically looks like the Snipe Hammock tensioner, but on my UQs.

Images
    This may finally answer a question I have asked before, and I don't remember if I got answers or comments: is the original JRB style suspension "better" so to speak, having fewer of this type of problem? Less of this "sag in the middle" situation even with an otherwise snug suspension, and less change through the night? And, if I'm reading this right, this sounds like a switch to the JRB style?

As Bill (MBM) says:
    I hadn't thought of the UQ sagging lengthwise being a problem
    I had asked this previously because it seemed to me I had not seen ( or at least didn't remember) any threads about these problems with an JRB MW, and the only real difference in the quilts that I could tell was a perimeter vs "end" suspension. But notice now the post from kk4df about the same issue with the Greylock, which has changed the suspension style.

And it just made sense that an UQ suspended hanging from a shock cord through a channel on it's sides could bunch up, that it's length could change a little as you moved around through the night. Just like we know the entire quilt can shift up or down in position relative to your shoulders, it makes sense that the length of the quilt could shorten even if just a smidgen. Causing a small gap.

Also, this may be why I have always found I have to get my WB Climashield Yeti plenty tight for max performance. Maybe just making up for this tendency? But even with it plenty tight, I have found that once I am settled in, I can often reach out and pull on the quilt, sort of smoothing it out or lengthening it even if just a small fraction of an inch. I guess my butt holds it in in place enough to do this, pulling from the head end.

But there are advantages to that perimeter suspensions, especially with small torso quilts like the Yeti which need to be positioned precisely after you get in the hammock, or maybe again if you move much.

So Bill, what about that? Any problems, using this mod, with getting the quilt where you want it once you are in? Apparently not as you are now warm. But if this is not a problem, what about just abandoning the long shock cord and just switching to an end style suspension?

Anyway, Bill, it sounds like you have supplied the answer to this question I have had. It sounds *** though a suspension that applies tension to the ends of the quilt solves some issues that quite a number of folks have had. Good job!

Bill

Hammock
    DIY Easy Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Stuff
    Suspension
    Dyneema and a knot
    Any pics of the suspension?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BodhiKnight View Post
    Any pics of the suspension?
    This is on a yeti. Shock cord just goes up and around the end of the hammock just like the other shock cord. Cord lock for adjusting.

IMG_0001 by mbira2ride, on Flickr

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY Easy Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Stuff
    Suspension
    Dyneema and a knot
    Thanks for the pics.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls