Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

Calling on the Hennessy Junkies

I've got a question: did the Hennessys jump in price?

I was just poking around the Hennessy site and got to looking at the prices. Granted, it's been a while since I looked at the site but it seems the prices have jumped a bit. I know materials have gotten more expensive so it kind of makes sense.

I'm just wondering, from the folks that surf the site on a regular basis, if that is actually the case? They are giving away a free Scout for every purchase over $100, so I guess my question is did the price go up to offset the freebie. Don't get me wrong, that's still a hell of a deal getting two for one ; still works out to be very inexpensive (relatively speaking). Just curious to hear from the hardcore Hennessy folks.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images
    Not sure about the price but I ordered my undercover and got the Scott thrown in. I can stay warm in the winter and the boy gets his first hammock.

2 trees
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Yeah, it really is a good deal to get a free hammock when you're buying something else anyway!

Your boy will be very happy I'm sure!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Pine Needles
    Insulation
    Blubber
    Beas....I believe you mean you got the "scout" thrown in. I got the same deal.
    Did you hear that?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    Hennessy prices look the way I remember 'em. They're the same on my hammock (Explorer UL) as they were at the beginning of the summer.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Expedition A-Sym
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hammock
    Insulation
    Blue Pad Cut To Fi
    Got my scout thrown in as well. Only problem is that my 13 year old is taller than I am. I may be the one sleeping in the scout when we hike together.

Dangit man.
    "You can chose your own destiny, and you need the approval of only one person to get started. That person is you!"

"Getting to the top is optional, getting back down is mandatory" ~ Steady Ed Viesturs

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thanks for chiming in folks. It has been well over a year since I visited the Hennessy site, so I'm sure the prices adjusted long ago, if at all.

Hey tom_alan, gotta plan ahead with those kids. I was told a brick was going to be tied to the top of my head so I would stop growing. Kept me scared enough to stay short (6').
    Trust nobody!

I ordered a Super Shelter last month & was glad to get the free Scout, but I wondered who was going to use it as I have a fairly tall family. Well I got the package & it had an Expedition instead of a Scout. I called Hennessy & they said they'd briefly run out of Scouts & had sent that instead. Talk about good service: I only had to think about a problem & they took care of it. They also threw in the accessory pads.

Hammock
    just bought the HH explorer
    I was fortunate enough to get the expedition as well. I felt bad and called them to make sure it wasn't a mistake. Now, instead of just my kid I have one to share with friends!

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Expedition A-Sym
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hammock
    Insulation
    Blue Pad Cut To Fi
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposable View Post
    I ordered a Super Shelter last month & was glad to get the free Scout, but I wondered who was going to use it as I have a fairly tall family. Well I got the package & it had an Expedition instead of a Scout. I called Hennessy & they said they'd briefly run out of Scouts & had sent that instead. Talk about good service: I only had to think about a problem & they took care of it. They also threw in the accessory pads.

Dang-it man! The cat is out of the bag now! My son is about 6 feet tall and I have the same problem. I WANT MY FREE EXPIDITION AS WELL! Wonder if they will give it to me? Don't Think So!
    Last edited by tom_alan; 12-23-2008 at 09:34.
    "You can chose your own destiny, and you need the approval of only one person to get started. That person is you!"

"Getting to the top is optional, getting back down is mandatory" ~ Steady Ed Viesturs

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast