ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Have you thought of making something to go around/over/whatever so it will block wind in winter? Or are you going for just the mesh? Hmmm - I have an idea for that. Give me a bit. You can also use it dual purpose for the hammock too. I'll let you know.
    I will also Have my Tarp over Me In Hammock Mode or Bivy Mode

The Top cap used will be determined by the conditions
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    I really like how this unnamed creation is evolving. It has some elements that remind me of the sock that Hangnout and Medicine Man have been working on in this thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...t=54206&page=3 At post #146 Hangnout shows how the sock is what is actually suspended (@3:22). The hammock clips into the sock. This might be something to incorporate into your sock.

Lost Biker, having one side static has merit. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Scottpash, you could take the top cap a step further and make it out of sil-nylon. Make it large enough to pitch each side out as a tarp, or let one or both sides down for protection. With the bathtub floor, you could easily convert this thing into a tarp-tent. Doing this would negate the need for a separate tarp. Something to ponder.

Making scale models is brilliant idea. Keeps the R&D costs down.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    Scottpash, you could take the top cap a step further and make it out of sil-nylon. Make it large enough to pitch each side out as a tarp, or let one or both sides down for protection. With the bathtub floor, you could easily convert this thing into a tarp-tent. Doing this would negate the need for a separate tarp. Something to ponder.

Yes I plan on making the longer top cap out of sil but will also use my 12 x 12 tarp in winter mode with doors for colder conditions

For normal 2-3 season use I plan on having the smaller cap with me and use my smaller 10x 10 tarp

Remember this is so I can go to the ground in an emergency

The main purpose is a bug net for Hammock Hanging and lounging
    with the ability of a weather cover set up for colder weather Hanging

I went a little crazy(shhhhh!) with the R&D and I am even thinking to cover it with Green Indoor / Outdoor carpet and add a few rocks and dirt and bushes and a Black Bear and a fire pit and an owl in a tree and................

I'm just kidding about THE BEAR!

Scott

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scottpash View Post
    I will also Have my Tarp over Me In Hammock Mode or Bivy Mode

The Top cap used will be determined by the conditions
    Yeah true. I tend to go over board with my ideas and forgot about the tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    I really like how this unnamed creation is evolving. It has some elements that remind me of the sock that Hangnout and Medicine Man have been working on in this thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...t=54206&page=3 At post #146 Hangnout shows how the sock is what is actually suspended (@3:22). The hammock clips into the sock. This might be something to incorporate into your sock.

Lost Biker, having one side static has merit. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

I have material and am in the process of making a full size whateverthisis - Scott, you get to name it. What I'm going to make in a couple minutes will be a bath tub floor (DWR ripstop for now) and noseeum sides with one static side (I feel that one entry side is enough) and a shock corded side for entry/exit. This will be full size and I'll try to not over engineer it as I go.
    The reason I'm using DWR ripstop for the floor is that my material has not arrived in the mail yet and I went to the local wally world and got some stuff to experiment with.

Detail Man - the bigger "cap" for lack of another word is what I'm planning, but it's still in the air for now. I guess I'm trying to make an AIO unit that can be used totally separate from the hammock, but can also be used with the hammock. I know, I know - can't have it both ways. I like puzzles.

Yes I plan on making the longer top cap out of sil but will also use my 12 x 12 tarp in winter mode with doors for colder conditions

For normal 2-3 season use I plan on having the smaller cap with me and use my smaller 10x 10 tarp

Remember this is so I can go to the ground in an emergency

The main purpose is a bug net for Hammock Hanging and lounging
    with the ability of a weather cover set up for colder weather Hanging

I went a little crazy(shhhhh!) with the R&D and I am even thinking to cover it with Green Indoor / Outdoor carpet and add a few rocks and dirt and bushes and a Black Bear and a fire pit and an owl in a tree and................

I'm just kidding about THE BEAR!

Scott
    Outdoor carpet? Hmmmm - lemme think on that. Ah - something you said sparked an idea. Be back this afternoon with pictures of the whole shebang.

Do continue the R&D while I'm gone.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    OK! Instead of cutting up fabric for a test, I decided to use a section of old tarp for the floor and noseeum pinned around the edges. It's very crude and I didn't cut the noseeum to size yet. It also doesn't have suspension yet.

I really had a lot of trouble setting this up as it's windy today. The mesh definitely stops some wind. The floor is 74 inches long and the the width is 40 inches - just big enough for a 6 footer. The height is 40 inches - again, just big enough for a 6 footer to sit up. The tub walls are 2.5 inches high. As the mesh isn't tight, the tub walls collapse down.

I really need to work on the mesh and pull it tighter so it will be out of your face when laying in it.

Instead of a square shape, I'm going to make it dory boat shaped with the mesh extending off the ends - just like a hammock bottom protector.

So - comments please. I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon working on this, so even more pictures later!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lost_Biker; 12-06-2012 at 13:27. Reason: spelling
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Looks Good so Far I am not sure if 74" would be long enoug to go over a Hammock

Have you tried it as a bug net yet?

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Looks Good so Far I am not sure if 74" would be long enoug to go over a Hammock

Have you tried it as a bug net yet?
    Yes - works as a bug net ok. Got some issues to work out. I have it now where it will go under a hammock (mine at least) and act as a bug net for the hammocks that don't have a bug net. Will have more pics in a bit.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    OK - time for redesign - I thought of a different way to make this more correct. The shape kind of sucks as it's too square - so I'm going to rework it tonight and make it better. I was going in the wrong direction, but didn't see it till it was mocked up in full size.

Sorry to make you wait, but the next one will be so much better and easier to make and use.

This is a picture of the "square" design in my house - too windy outside. I may not finish this till late, so will post back first thing tomorrow morning.

Brainstorming is hard work! Makes my head hurt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    LostBiker

Take a Look Here for PIPS version of the TED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyboT...layer_embedded

just picture it with silnylon on the bottom portion
    and the centers pinned up sort to hold it closer to the Hammock
    Last edited by scottpash; 12-06-2012 at 16:38.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    LostBiker

Take a Look Here for PIPS version of the TED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyboT...layer_embedded

just picture it with silnylon on the bottom portion
    and the centers pinned up sort to hold it closer to the Hammock
    Yep - thats the only way to do it. Thats how your design will be too. Almost done with everything. I think you'll like it. The way it's made is so much simpler and cleaner looking. Pics tomorrow.

Have you thought of a name for it yet?

i

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast