Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Lost Biker

Your idea would work just like it is

Concept:

You have the floor under your hammock the way you show it in your pictures The bathtub that is " waterproof" and is also away from the ground debris so that when you step on it before getting your shoes on You stay clean

not sure if a dog would stay in it if it saw an animal but for those that travel with a pet it might work to keep them dry and close also

This would be more like a tent over a hammock or a Hammock in a Tent
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scottpash View Post
    Lost Biker

Your idea would work just like it is

Concept:

You have the floor under your hammock the way you show it in your pictures The bathtub that is " waterproof" and is also away from the ground debris so that when you step on it before getting your shoes on You stay clean

not sure if a dog would stay in it if it saw an animal but for those that travel with a pet it might work to keep them dry and close also

This would be more like a tent over a hammock or a Hammock in a Tent

TA-DA! Got it - finally! Sorry to be late getting this posted. I had to appropriate the living room to work. Raining heavily here so no outdoor shots yet.

I used the TED Net and cut the bottom waterproof material in the same shape as my new hammock sock - dory shaped. Works perfectly. The walls pull up about 12 inches to contain splashes and a bit more protection from sideways rain.

I made the walls too high - better too high than not enough. Plenty of room to sit up, turn around, etc. Plenty of room for sleeping bags too.

Fits my hammock - I just rolled the extra material up for now. You can use it as a bottom protector and bug net for those hammocks without netting. The whole thing weighs in at 10.4 oz. Including suspension.

I made one side static and the other shock cord. Works just fine. Entry/exit takes 2.5 seconds and the wall snaps up with authority - the bugs will be intimidated for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    I made a mini mock-up of scottpash's idea. Please excuse the crudeness of the thing (unnamed). I believe you'll get the idea. The open side would have shock cord along the top for entry/exit like the Ted bug net and of course you'll have to visualize the sides/tarp being staked out. This is like a bugnet tent shelter all in one!
    I love the mini mock-up. You need to add some action figures to demonstrate the lay.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    I love the mini mock-up. You need to add some action figures to demonstrate the lay.
    No dolls in the house and the cats don't want to cooperate! So I had to make it full size in order to use the full size crash test dummy.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Looks great Lost Biker

How is the room in bivy Mode?

I have been brainstorming also and am thinking about Velcro on the bottom of the Bugnet
    that would seal it together and then Velcro on the top of the Bathtub floor that would secure it to the net

That way the bivy would be spacious( well 36x 70)

Still playing around with the idea

what are the measurements of yours?
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scottpash View Post
    Looks great Lost Biker

How is the room in bivy Mode?

I have been brainstorming also and am thinking about Velcro on the bottom of the Bugnet
    that would seal it together and then Velcro on the top of the Bathtub floor that would secure it to the net

That way the bivy would be spacious( well 36x 70)

Still playing around with the idea

what are the measurements of yours?
    Actually the bivy is perfect sized for me - enough room to not feel trapped. The tub walls come up 12 inches with me in it. I'm going to lower the netting walls a bit and call it done. Fit on the hammock is perfect. When I'm in it the walls of the "tub" are high enough to let you spread out quite well.

The length of this bivy (you really must name it properly) is 100 inches to fit my BlackBird, but since the ends curve up, I only have about 8" at the head and feet - just right! The width is 40 inches.

I'm looking at the 70d silnylon as a floor option instead of the oxford nylon now. Decisions, decisions.

I really like the idea of just reaching up and pulling the door down to get out - or roll out. I'll have more pictures for you tomorrow after I trim the netting down a bit.

Oh - a word about velcro - it doesn't like netting at all - it's very grabby.

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345