when i was first heading to lost maples a few months ago i contacted CashKieth... he sent me the following messages about sites at Lost Maples...

"My two favorite sites are Site E and Site G & H (G at the base of a hill with H on top of it). However, neither of these are close much water. Site G would be the closest of these three and it is reasonably close to a very sizable spring, but the water is freezing; like feel your heart stop when you get it freezing!

If you are pressed for time and want to be able to get to larger water to actually swim then you are pretty much left with "The Pond"(Camp C). It's a nice spot and only about a mile from the parking lot/trail head so you can maximize your time in the park and not have to worry about a long hike out. You can also get to the spring I mentioned earlier by walking NW from Camp C if you want to explore.

Camp C is pretty close to the center of the park so you can pick a location/direction to go day hiking as well. The East Trail is the popular one when the Maples are changing, but I've always been more partial to the Western side of the park myself; ymmv.

The only site that I'd say stay away from is Site D. Seen some folks stay in it, but frankly it's just a creepy site to me and would imagine having the most problems with animals and creepy crawlies."

that was his thoughts on sites... i stayed at H and it was a nice site... G also looks nice... but that was several months back and things may be different...