View Poll Results: How would you prefer to fund the hang

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raffle

7 33.33%
  • PrePay via PayPal (based upon number of attendees)

12 57.14%
  • Other: Please expound

3 14.29%
  • None

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    So, here's a thing: There's a chance I'm only bringing one person.

There's another chance I'm bringing five or six people.

What's the best course of action here?
    Bring as many people as would like to join us. We've got two group sites, so there is plenty of room toe spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    how many people are bringing family with them? My wife mentioned that she was planning on coming to it one day last week and I was surprised. Might have to update the spreadsheet..
    My family might come, might not all depends on how they are leaning when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncreations View Post
    If I can find a tarp and get comfortable hanging in time for this meet I may meet you guys!
    I'm sure that we could rustle up a tarp for you, so don't let that keep you from coming. And that goes for pretty much everyone. I'm sure we will have more than a few extra bits of gear there to get most everyone hanging.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Whatever people I bring, besides $10/head is there anything else I need to get together to contribute to the vittles?
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Images
    Wow, haven't been active for a while.
    You guys can't have a hang right outside my city without me!
    I work nights, so timing is an issue but I have vacation sometime in April, maybe during the hang. If I can make it I'll be there and I'll probably be coming with food of some sort!
    I'll read through the thread and check my vacation schedule

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Yates place hang was great and we all talked about this hang. I am hoping to be able to make it. I might need to lose 20lbs before I go because i feel like a just gained 10 at this hang. I am sure all that "testing" will be tough.

Images
    Hoping to drop by Saturday for some bits-o-pig and see some hammocks.
    Probably have one fellow hanger with me, maybe two. Won't be staying overnight.

Not seeing a lot of sweets on the list. I may help remedy that with a big batch of homemade cookies or something.

Unfortuneatly the smoker is in storage and not exactly permitted inside the apartment

People were talking about the water, what about the trail? If we can get some shuttles going down the trail a ways it might make a good hike back to the food.

Haven't had the chance to do one of these outings. I'm hoping to see some hammocks first hand like the famous WBBB.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Whatever people I bring, besides $10/head is there anything else I need to get together to contribute to the vittles?
    Bring whatever you feel comfortable with. More food is always better, but worst case scenario I'll run to the store and pick up more food when people start arriving.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Yates place hang was great and we all talked about this hang. I am hoping to be able to make it. I might need to lose 20lbs before I go because i feel like a just gained 10 at this hang. I am sure all that "testing" will be tough.
    Glad you guys had a good time, wish I could have made it. Perhaps I'll make the Fall Back hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    Wow, haven't been active for a while.
    You guys can't have a hang right outside my city without me!
    I work nights, so timing is an issue but I have vacation sometime in April, maybe during the hang. If I can make it I'll be there and I'll probably be coming with food of some sort!
    I'll read through the thread and check my vacation schedule
    I have the same problem with scheduling as I also work nights. Makes it difficult sometimes to get things sorted to make these sorts of events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    Hoping to drop by Saturday for some bits-o-pig and see some hammocks.
    Probably have one fellow hanger with me, maybe two. Won't be staying overnight.

Not seeing a lot of sweets on the list. I may help remedy that with a big batch of homemade cookies or something.

Unfortuneatly the smoker is in storage and not exactly permitted inside the apartment

People were talking about the water, what about the trail? If we can get some shuttles going down the trail a ways it might make a good hike back to the food.

Haven't had the chance to do one of these outings. I'm hoping to see some hammocks first hand like the famous WBBB.
    Would be great if we could get shuttles set up to drop people off at the trail heads, would make for a good couple hours of hiking back, and would certainly give people some hearty appetites.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Put me down as a maybe +1

Hi Folks!
    I've been looking to get into hammock camping, but I want to see one in person before I make the plunge. I have a friend who can say the exact same thing. So, if noobs are welcome, I/we might join you.
    I might just come for the barbecue. I'm a native North Carolinian, so a pig pickin is my kind of scene. I would be happy to bring a pound or two of hush puppies.
    I also understand there's a gear raffle going on, proceeds go to charity. If I attend, I would love to chip in with a custom-made paracord bracelet or two.

Hope to see you all there!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Don't forget that I will be leading a kayak picnic lunch trip on Saturday. So bring your boats!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Don't forget that I will be leading a kayak picnic lunch trip on Saturday. So bring your boats!
    Wish I had a boat to join you with, I get the feeling that I'm going to be jealous of everyone when you all get back.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by av8r1 View Post
    Hi Folks!
    I've been looking to get into hammock camping, but I want to see one in person before I make the plunge. I have a friend who can say the exact same thing. So, if noobs are welcome, I/we might join you.
    I might just come for the barbecue. I'm a native North Carolinian, so a pig pickin is my kind of scene. I would be happy to bring a pound or two of hush puppies.
    I also understand there's a gear raffle going on, proceeds go to charity. If I attend, I would love to chip in with a custom-made paracord bracelet or two.

Hope to see you all there!
    Av8r1 - that's how I did it.. I went to my first hang, taking my tent. It was nice to see the hammocks before purchasing anything.
    And let me tell you, we hammockers aren't shy about showing off our gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast