Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    My First= Ajillis Bivy Shelter 2012
    Tarp
    a Chinok 9 X 12
    Insulation
    Thermarest NeaAir

Thankyou Thankyou lol

I feel the same way I love getting out in the woods we need to clean the Cobwebs from our heads from time to time

I'm a few years older than you, and I always have another piece of gear to find/make/buy. The anticipation helps to keep you thinking, and off of the couch. I wish you tons of success with hammocking, and believe it or not, the need to be "enclosed" will with time ease right off.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Age is just a number. I whitewater kayak with a guy who is about your age and another one who is in his early 70's. I just went hunting with my wife's grandpa. He's almost 82 and beat his son in a foot race the other day. There is something to be said for staying as active as you can as long as you can. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    On the + side of 60 myself and spent this weekend with my hiking buddy, Grinder, who is on the + side of 70. Speaking for myself amd I believe for him also neither of us would have wanted to be anywhere else. In fact, after our day hike yesterday, he took the long way back to camp to get in the extra miles. This is for conditioning for his continuing annual section hike of the AT. We worked all of our lives now it's time to play.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    My first few times in the hammock I felt exposed with my tarp in porch mode and though I was comfortable and slept well, I awoke every so often to look around. Now I feel anxious if I have my tarp all closed up. I like being able to look around at night, and I'll even leave the tarp skinned if I don't think there is a chance of rain or heavy dew.

Comfort level is certainly a thing that comes with practice and time.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    I 'm a bit surprised I made it the decades I have. To add some more to the score will be bonus. When I'm old, feeble, pathetic and useless I hope to go the way of the Windwalker. For those to young to remember him look up the movie. He wanders off into the woods to be eaten by a bear. I hope to always be too restless for a rest home. Keep on paddling rivertramp. Paddle so fast those couch potato diseases can't catch you.

As for gear we wouldn't be human if we weren't looking for a better way.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    ive seen alot of hard working ,get up for work every day kind of people, retire to see their quality of life go down hill rather quickly.keep the wind in your sails,and chase that setting sun.happy trails.

Hammock
    DB 68 Custom DL; WWM 64 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly camo
    Insulation
    HG 40*; UGQ 0*/20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a Dream Hammocks Dangerbird and with the integrated top cover zipped and sides staked out, it feels like I am in a 2-person tent; completely enclosed, but so much more comfortable. In the summer, lay the other direction and use the integrated bug net.

At 66, one would think that now is the perfect time to spend more time in the woods. I look forward to getting where you are.

Hammock
    HH Explorer asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    I was used to tents and used tents for 30 plus years, i can still remember feeling vunerable in the Hammock for the first time, being up in Michigan near the Macinac straights and having seen bears had me on edge, (In the UK we dont have Bears in the woods only idiots near to towns).
    The benefit of a good nights sleep soon took over from the vunerable feeling, now day I'm almost asleep before I get the quilt over me. I dont miss the tent at all and wonder why i didnt do this before!

There was a guy called Zippy Ashmore in Leicester, near where I live. He was a life long scout, who at the grand age of 86 set off on his annual 2 month holiday in his canoe, I used to give him and his lad (then aged 66) a hand with it off the roof of the car.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12