Hi all! Took my first trip to the gorge Arrived Saturday 11/24. Parked at Bynum hiked north about 1/2 mile found a nice spot and set up camp. A little windy but not bad until the sun went down. It got cold fast. We were expecting a low of around 25 but it got down to 18! This was my first trip with my DIY hammock and I have to say went very smooth. Broke camp Sunday morning early. Made our way to Wiseman's and WOW! Weather was perfect. Next stop was Old Conley to Lost Dog. After about 2 hours in that area we decided to drive over to Table Rock. Made the hike to the top of TR and enjoyed the view for about an hour. Camped near TR and had a great night. Not nearly as cold and found a great spot with perfect trees for our hammocks.

Day 3 we started at the Devils TH we were going to attempt Devils Hole however we took a wrong turn and to the best of my knowledge wound up halfway down a very narrow and steep trail near Hawksbill and decided to turn around. After reaching the first campsite on the DTH we found what we think was the actual DH trail we took that trail but after about 2 hours due to lack of knowledge of the area headed back to the car. Tired and frustrated we drove to Grandfather Mountain. Did that and drove to Lake James SP and camped there for the night. Headed home early the next morning. Trip was orig going to be a full week but got cut short due to work sched. I will def be back this spring for a longer trip! Had a blast and have to say the gorge is truly awesome!