Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To get your ridge line just about right ( you might need to tweak it oh so slightly ) you can use the Hammock Hang Calculator from Dejoha : http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/

Happy Hangin'

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2 View Post
    To get your ridge line just about right ( you might need to tweak it oh so slightly ) you can use the Hammock Hang Calculator from Dejoha : http://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/

Happy Hangin'

The calculator will help with your "hangle" but it assumes you've already set your ridgeline on your hammock.

.......don't make it that hard, you don't need the calculator, you've got approximately your 30 degree hang with your hand. Make a toy gun with finger out and thumb up, thumb is your tree from the tip of your thumb to the tip of your index finger is approximately 30 degrees. The suspension should come close to following that. But again, this is in regards to the "hangle" and not the ridgeline.

DivaB,

You can use the calculator to get an approximation for what you might need. Then go outside and follow the method you mentioned and dial it in. That is what I have done so far on the 2 hammocks I made and I had little adjusting needed from the number given.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks guys. I was tinkering yesterday, and I think I came to an acceptable solution: use a short dogbone looped around the end lashing, tucked into the hammock with the "eyes" ends, stick the ridgeline through those eyes, and use whatever as a toggle. It only made my ridgeline about 4-5 cm longer.

That's a really difficult explanation to what is actually a relatively simple solution.. I should take a picture..

For the moment I stuck a carabiner in there, I might make me some aluminium toggles (which I anyway planned on doing for my whoopie slings). And if it turns out those few cms made the ridgeline too long, I can just do an alpine butterfly and I'll have another little something to hang things from..

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12