There are several trails that could work for us. Bat Lake, Hemlock Bluff, Mizzy Lake, Peck Lake, Track and Tower and Whiskey Rapids are all recommended for snow shoeing on the Algonquin Outfitters site. They should all have some kind of parking although I don't know if they will be plowed. Thoughts?

The Mew Lake option is certainly good for people that have not winter camped and for people that have come and go at different times.

There is a 5 km side trail that follows an abandoned railway from the Track and Tower trail to Mew Lake so we could also go that way from Mew Lake.

My preference is to snow shoe in a couple/few km's (depending on the weather and the condition of the trail) and make camp. If I'm going to drive 5+ hours, I'd like to feel like I'm going out into the woods if you know what I mean. Part of what I loved last year was the challenge. The issue of course would be how would people arriving at different times find each other? I can say with certainty that I won't be getting to the park until mid day. Thoughts on this?