I just received had an experience with a new member that is very interested in increasing his abilities for hanging in near artic conditions.

I want to warn all members to gently increase their skill levels. Back yard Hanging works well, then maybe a State Camp Ground with your car nearby. Then a hike within easy reach of your vehicle. Gain knowledge first and besure you have the correct equipment and KNOWLEDGE.

When you get in the WILDERNESS, YOU CAN DIE, IF IT IS COLD, OR YOU GET WET YOU CAN DIE VERY QUICKLY.

Bears and Grizz are DANGEROUS, they are unperdictable. Moms kill things that get around their babies. Males kill during breeding season. Moose trample people as do Elk.

Deep snow is like quicksand, you get stuck in it and can not walk.

Whiteouts happen, sometimes very quickly. You can not see anything, you can freeze to death.

These places are not for someone just learning.

Ray Jardine and many other people have written books about wilderness camping. They warn of some of the dangers and how to avoid them. There are classes on Wilderness Survival. Guides and Old Timers will help new folks learn how to take care of their self. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN HOW TO BE SAFE.

Just because tourist stop and feed the bears does not mean it is safe. Bears get cranky when the food runs out or is too slow coming.
The bears that lose their fear of people are KILLED.

Wild areas are not to be played with, you are risking your life. I have seen too many bad accidents and deaths for people going into areas that they are not prepared for.