Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Blackbird has landed

I just recieved my BB. It looks awsome. I finally understand the footbox. It really has a flat lay and the workmanship is perfect. It is huge inside. I checked every stitch and other than some places where the stitching stop and starts for no reason like the bobbin ran out every stitch is perfect. The tri-rings are really cool and light. I don't get the double barrel cord lock on the BB bag, it seams over kill. The cord lock on the tie outs is really strong and should do very well. What is the nicest is you can take it out of the box and hang it without having to change anything.

I am almost finished with my 5th quilt, I got a new hammock, I'm going to Grand Canyon in 10 days. Man life is good. If I had know it was going to be this good I wouldn't have been such an angry man when I was younger.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Join the ranks of happy Black Bird owners
    Have fun in Grand Canyon!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Ahh, but anger makes us want to improve our world. Bet Brandon was angry when he was designing that footbox.

I'm such a creature of habit I haven't really used the double-barreled stuff sack to it's potential either, but it's nice to know I always have the option. Good thing that new shelf is there otherwise I'd never find my water bottle in that thing; too big and too many spaces it can hide.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

for your next trick

so Dutch, for your next "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat trick" I'm expecting to see you turn an ordinary run-of-the-mill hang-glider into a Blackbird clone.

Grizz

Images
    you're the first to complain about those big double barrel cordlocks (different from the ones that are on the hammock itself) i really hate them too, but i've got a huge box of them unfortunately. i figure if someone hates them bad enough, they can pretty easily be switched out.

enjoy the grand canyon, are you going to try and hang? are there lots of trees down there? might be a challenge, maybe not.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    "I wouldn't have been such an angry man when I was younger."

Amen to that!! It is amazing how perspective changes. I am looking forward to a few extra $ for one of these. My view of wants and needs has changed dramatically with age. Such simple pleasures.

When all of you endorse this so heavily, I, in my hanging infancy, am absolutely convinced based on the collective wisdom of those of you who have purchased them. (Smile) Endorsements do matter.
    Last edited by canoebie; 12-15-2008 at 15:13. Reason: grammar
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I just recieved my BB. It looks awsome. I finally understand the footbox. It really has a flat lay and the workmanship is perfect. It is huge inside. I checked every stitch and other than some places where the stitching stop and starts for no reason like the bobbin ran out every stitch is perfect. The tri-rings are really cool and light. I don't get the double barrel cord lock on the BB bag, it seams over kill. The cord lock on the tie outs is really strong and should do very well. What is the nicest is you can take it out of the box and hang it without having to change anything.

I am almost finished with my 5th quilt, I got a new hammock, I'm going to Grand Canyon in 10 days. Man life is good. If I had know it was going to be this good I wouldn't have been such an angry man when I was younger.
    Good luck hanging. I hiked down and out in two days in 2000 and don't recall a lot of hanging opportunities. Anxious to hear how that goes. I want to go again, and not do the whirlwind tour I did with my younger type A sister last time. A friend of mine gave me good advice, stop at every bend and just look.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I am thinking of abandoning the idea of hanging. Suck it up and just take a OES tarp and a thermorest and a quilt. I considered looking for some boulders I can hang from but I have to realize I'm in the desert. I haven't slept on the earth since 2002.

Brandon I figured the double barrel cord lock was a supply being used up. Anyhow really great hammock, I am sure this is my hammock of choice now and I have a few to choose from

Griz I don't plan on cloning the BB but there and a whole range of accessories that I am going to have to make. Special UQ, overcover, wine bottle holder.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I haven't been to the grand canyon, but I've been dying to hang in a rocky area. I'd love to use some climbing gear to rig my hammock right to some cracks in cliff walls or boulders. Would be sweet...

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    I haven't been to the grand canyon, but I've been dying to hang in a rocky area. I'd love to use some climbing gear to rig my hammock right to some cracks in cliff walls or boulders. Would be sweet...
    Grand canyon would be the place to try it. Where else are you going to find rock face a mile high.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast