Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

My first

Hey all.Had a chance to hang in my old brasilian hammock the other day. It almost took me back to the beaches hahahaha. But I was thinking as I lay in its cottony comfort, I REalized that if I had not spotted the hennessey at my local MEC, my idea of hammocks would still be the same. Never crossed my mind to actually backpack with one, as mine weighs a little bit Did wish for it many times while car camping though and thought it would be nice for naps. and now with all the knowledge (and gear) that I have accumulated thanks to all the wonderful folks here at HF, I think this bad boy will see a lot more use. with the turtledog stand, and alot more suspension options than the hooks it came with, this one will see much use in the yard for sure. doesnt take to an UQ well, but it is pretty thick, so I will see how it does for CBS. Snowed today so I am off to give it a test nap in the colder weather
    Attached Images Attached Images
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

" the Dude abides "

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    They do underquilts OK. Not ideal, but you can make them work.

I attach the underquilt on our Brazilians in an aysm manner. I attach the head-end to the far right cords of the suspension and the foot-end to the far left cords (or the other way around depending on how you position yourself). I tend to sleep on a pretty hard diagonal in these hammocks, so I do occasionally feel the edge of the UQ 'slip' past my foot. That can be solved with something as simple as a binder clip attached to the edge of the hammock and the hem of the UQ, to prevent it from slipping.

I used normal underquilts on our Brazilians (and other home hammocks) for years before making ones that fit properly out of el cheapo walmart supplies. Doesn't need to be lightweight when it never leaves the bedroom.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    ha HA! great post in December!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Thanks Cannibal. I decided to mess around with my jarbidge a little more with the brasilian. Moved it down to the ropes instead of from the continuous loop and it worked very well Had a nice long nap and was toasty warm. even slept through a little drizzle, when I woke up everything was damp. shoulda put up the tarp Point is, it was warm and cozy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

" the Dude abides "

• + New Posts