DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I got my 1" black poly webbing on Monday. $41.13 for 300 ft including shipping to my door. This was a fine deal and just what I was looking for. I may get to sew some straps with it tomorrow.Thanks again!!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DIY Dual Layer 1.8oz Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    Thermarest ProLite
    Suspension
    Straps 'n' Toggle
    What's the quality like of the ShippersSupplies stuff? I just got a roll of the #1500 stuff and it isn't like the stuff I've used before. It is a lot more flexible and shiny. The weave is quite different. I worry that it will snag and wear quicker on a tree. These are the ones I got from ShippersSupplies IMG_1706.jpg and here's the stuff I usually use IMG_1704.jpg. I'm currently questioning whether or not it is actually polyester or if it is nylon. Looks like nylon to me, but I'm no expert.

"Be excellent to each other!" ~Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I have not had any problems with it. I do not love the feel of it it is a little bit slick but I have not had any problems with stretching or it's slipping on a toggle or anyting.

I still have my experiment hammock hanging outside every day of the year and it has held up a lot better than the hammock haha. I still trust it and hang on it after several years. when it stops raining I'm going to go bounce up and down on it again and I will let you know if I break my hip. all that being said it was several years ago and they might have different webbing at this point. What I got was slick to the touch and did same to have a little bit of stretch. I think the stretch was due more to the weave than the material. Once you pull it tight it did not stretch anymore. I hope that this helps. I have used all three hundred feet that I bought to make hammocks for my friends and family and I have heard of no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BiOsLaSh View Post
    What's the quality like of the ShippersSupplies stuff? I just got a roll of the #1500 stuff and it isn't like the stuff I've used before. It is a lot more flexible and shiny. The weave is quite different. I worry that it will snag and wear quicker on a tree. These are the ones I got from ShippersSupplies IMG_1706.jpg and here's the stuff I usually use IMG_1704.jpg. I'm currently questioning whether or not it is actually polyester or if it is nylon. Looks like nylon to me, but I'm no expert.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12