DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OK then, I guess you should know, way up in MN! That stuff is expensive, but it looks very well designed and of high quality!
    It's really great stuff, but takes a lot of practice to learn how to use it properly (which I'm still doing). Skurka has been helping out a little with the planning of my next trip and suggested to go with VBL. RPH makes a fantastic product and I can't wait to use it in some really deep cold.

Fronkey

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

What I Want vs What I Need

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I have been experimenting with the entire RBH Vapor Barrier clothing system (Jacket with hood, socks, pants, mittens) and have had great success. I can't hike in above 10f weather because I cook in it.

Fronkey
    I have to say, that, the RBH is some nice VB clothing. I have the Stephenson's Fuzzy stuff VB shirt & Gram Weenie VB/Rain pants. I also, use a cheap Cabalas VB socks. For the most part, these work just fine for sleeping, in 35°F and below.

Not sure I can justify the cost of RBH for my type of hiking. If I went with RBH with what I have now, the low end would run me @ $460, compared to @ $80 for what I have now.

However, with that said, that VaprThrm® NTS Shirt for $225 looks sweet, and is on my list of, "What I Want".

Images
    i'm confussed what are the problems that people are having that they want to solve with a vapor barriers?? i have hung from 90 to -10 degrees and don't know why i need a vapor barrier or a weather shield or a hammock cover. i use JRB quilts, cuben tarp, 1.7 hammock and sleep in a t-shirt, socks and briefs no matter what the temp. TY KK
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i'm confussed what are the problems that people are having that they want to solve with a vapor barriers?? i have hung from 90 to -10 degrees and don't know why i need a vapor barrier or a weather shield or a hammock cover. i use JRB quilts, cuben tarp, 1.7 hammock and sleep in a t-shirt, socks and briefs no matter what the temp. TY KK
    The short answer would be, is that everyone's body works differently when it comes to sweat. That includes from working out, hiking and sleeping.

I'm a big sweater. Day or night. After a long day of hiking, eating dinner and jumping into the hammock, I usually crash out fast. Without a VB, I'll wake up wet, and my bag, UQ will be wet as well depending on the temps. If I would have woken up at some point before I began to sweat like a pig, I could have done some venting.
    A VB catches the majority of the vapor, and I wake up with dry clothes, UQ & TQ.

It's not for everyone for a variety of reasons.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123