HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    coil copper tubing around you wood cook stove,leaving gaps for the air to get to the fire.leave both ends away from the fire far enough to ensure that the braided fuel line hoses do not melt (clear rubber kind with webbing)..run the line up from the fire taller than your hammock by a little,now start down through the bottom of your hammock under the u q,now back to the other end of copper.fill full of water,light your fire ,and the natural rising of hot water will push water through the line into your hammock,and them back to the cool water return end.no motor no battery just physics.and a piece of copper/rubber line....by the way darn you for sparking my obsesive compulsive nature...lol ps darn you you could put a light valve in the hose by your head to shut off the flow of water to regulate temperature.would have to put in a blow off vave in the system for pressure safety.
    Haha i actually thought about something quite similar to this but dismissed it because of the amount of setup involved with it. You can't set it up ahead of time because you'd have to weave it through your hammock. I do like the idea of ready made hot water though.
    Great minds think alike hun
    Last edited by blackd; 12-10-2012 at 15:09. Reason: that should have said " Great minds think alike huh"...not "hun" :D
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by blackd View Post
    Agreed but then dont i also need a much larger tarp setup to accommodate it? Also not really small enough setup to backpack in is it?
    It packs up quite small, I've been considering getting one of these but haven't decided to pull the trigger just yet. I think most people could fit it in their packs or at least lash it on unless pack space is at a premium. On the bigger tarp issue, well, touché.

Like I said I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
    It packs up quite small, I've been considering getting one of these but haven't decided to pull the trigger just yet. I think most people could fit it in their packs or at least lash it on unless pack space is at a premium. On the bigger tarp issue, well, touché.

Like I said I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Well no doubt itll take me some time but i will try to get pics of all my miserable failures
    Mark Twain

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by psyculman View Post
    A time honored method, put rocks in a campfire till they get real hot, move the rocks under your hammock, or better yet, an enclosed tarp configuration. The rock will give off heat for many hours. It works.
    And hope there aren't any pockets of dampness in those rocks, or you could be dodging flying shrapnel!
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    And hope there aren't any pockets of dampness in those rocks, or you could be dodging flying shrapnel!
    Well i DO enjoy a good game of dodgerock....anything to keep me busy
    Mark Twain

Hammock
    HH A-sym snake skins, hex tarp
    Tarp
    General's Custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 3/4
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    Images
    Not necessarily, there's been alot of advancement in the area of batteries lately, may be able to come up with something useful without weighing a metric tonne

I'll keep you informed!
    OK lets follow your logic.... A Solar Collector works during the day, a Hammock is used at night. Do you see the disconnect? You have to store the energy in something.... Heat needs a watt or two a 45 watt panel needs to push energy into something.... many people set their controls around #5 or lower thus effectively halving that wattage to 40 – 50 watts on a personal throw or blanket....to work at night... hense ya still need a large battery to work for 6 hours in total darkness.
    There was an Old Man with a owl,
    Who continued to bother and howl;
    He sat on a rail, And imbibed bitter ale,
    Which refreshed that Old Man and his owl
    .WOO

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    OK lets follow your logic.... A Solar Collector works during the day, a Hammock is used at night. Do you see the disconnect? You have to store the energy in something.... Heat needs a watt or two a 45 watt panel needs to push energy into something.... many people set their controls around #5 or lower thus effectively halving that wattage to 40 – 50 watts on a personal throw or blanket....to work at night... hense ya still need a large battery to work for 6 hours in total darkness.
    Charge up a couple different battery packs and only turn on the blanket as needed and i think we could get it to work, gotta get a couple prototypes before i can say what could work best.
    Mark Twain

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Also, check out this item for charging after dark
    www.biolitestove.com
    Mark Twain

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Haha i actually thought about something quite similar to this but dismissed it because of the amount of setup involved with it. You can't set it up ahead of time because you'd have to weave it through your hammock. I do like the idea of ready made hot water though.
    Great minds think alike hun

Ok I'll bite... You could ha e an underquilt with the hoses already run in it... And the pipes already around the stove... Or just in a coil in your pack... Maybe the rolled up underquilt would roll up to fit inside the copper coil... A small head tank made out of a milk jug would act as a blow off area and a refill area... Think of it like a car radiator with your reservoir... But much less pressures...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Asym Classic
    Insulation
    Ranger Blanket
    Am loving the ideas so far, but think there is also a need for those that use their hammocks where they can plug into 120v. Was looking at some of the Sunbeam electric blanket/throws and wondered if anyone has any experience with them or something similar...
    Not everyone is trekking in the woods!
    Have never posted on this forum before so be gentle.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast