I'd like to see how all ya'll pitch your perfect tarp! We've all got "the system" down at this point I'm sure, but I always like trying out new ways in different situations. Try to keep to the format first off, that way it's easier to visualize what each hanger is using. After you post your rigging format, then feel free to ramble and summarize all the details that need review for the user. I'll start it:

* 1.2 tech line (12 foot sections)
* 6 inches of shockcord on each tie-out
* Overhand loop knot "thing"
* 6-inch aluminum stakes

The knot I use after stringing my tech line through the eyehole of each aluminum stake is something I came up with. It could very well be an actual knot, but I'm uncertain -- I know my knots btw. It's essentially an overhand knot, but I don't pull the whole line through. Instead, I pull the tie-out to my desired taughtness, start the overhand knot, and then let it bite on a loop I make (1.5-2 inches in diameter). To loosen, just pull the line and it self-releases. It's never failed and takes 2 seconds to make and roughly .07 seconds to release

I'm doing my first winter hang in a few weeks with BrewGuy and I'm curious as to how you folks tie knots (or avoid doing so) in COLD, snowy weather.

Again, format the guts, blabber latter (like me )