You know what they say about "One man's junk . . ." Well, Christmas came early when I was told to get rid of some stuff cluttering up a storage closet at work.

What I found was an 82" wide roll of pure white fabric, and it feels just like UnderArmor material. It's apparently a production roll that never made it to production, rolled on a tube and sealed in plastic. The sticker says "HanesWear" and shows a production date from 2008. It also says the roll is 32 yds !!!

The stuff may be just a bit thicker than some of the sports apparel out there, and stretches pretty well. But it's tough enough that I had a hard time ripping it by hand. Even when stretched, I can't feel my breath on the other side when blowing into it. My understanding of UnderArmor and similar products is that they will pass moisture, yet retain heat. Not sure if it's designed to resist wind. Further testing will be required . . .

I'm thinkin winter sock material - ? Or stretchy stuff-sacks to fit different size loads? Dbl-layer stretch hammock . . . (ok, maybe not)

Any thoughts?

-Klauss