Hey all, I haven't truly been hammock camping yet... On the bright side I've never meet a hammock I didn't like. I was drawn here by the gods of DIY (what a slippery slope). Anyway I remembered seeing some camping hammocks about a year back, and thinking "that's cool." So the other day that scene came back to me so I went on to amazon and looked up camping hammocks. Long story short I was like "WHOAH! That hammock has a bug net! and it's like $150!!! And just over a pound! (never going to lug a tent around again)" Then I went to youtube and looked up reviews, holy cow, how did I not know about hammocks! I remembered about then that I'm a poor student and spending $150 on something that I probably can't use until it heats up is out of the question. Then the brilliant idea of searching "DIY hammock" comes to me and I am lead here .
I like backpacking, and just made an alcohol stove. Ready to make that next evolutionary step and go back to the trees To all of the people in the DIY area, I've ordered some fabric, and found a couple of down filled coats at a thrift store... Thanks... I think. (my poor living room and shorts, hopefully have an okay UQ soonish)
Glad to be here, and glad to see that many of you are involved with scouts. You guys are awesome and the salt of the earth. Hope to stick around for a while and learn from you all.