WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I'd recommend the adjustable webbing for outright simplicity. Add two dutch clips or 'biners and you're golden.
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I'd recommend the adjustable webbing for outright simplicity. Add two dutch clips or 'biners and you're golden
    Ditto...it fast and easy to use, and I like easy. I use Dutch Clips

You could save a few ounces by going with Whoopies but there is way more fiddle factor and having to carry seperate tree straps
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    I live in Louisiana, our state bird is the mosquito and they can't bite thru my DL warbonnet. Buy it, be happy...nuff said.

swank

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    If you're staying stock, webbing. It's pretty simple and fool-proof. Personally, I find it a bit difficult to adjust because you have to separate the triangles and angle them back and so on. Can be tricky. I switched to whoopies and love 'em. If you're small enough to rock Dynaglide whoopies, it saves a pretty good amount of weight and bulk. But I think they're easier and more versatile. People complain about the fact that you can't hang the hammock as close to the tree (and, therefore, you are more limited in site selection due to a smaller range of distances between trees), but that's not at all true if you use a continuous loop at the gather and use some other means to attach the whoopies to the loop (Dutch whoopie hooks recommended). If you need to hang close, just put the continuous loop over the toggle and skip the whoopie altogether. The BB comes with a continuous loop already on the end with triangles on it. I leave that loop with the triangles on. That way, I can use my DG whoopies for light and simple, or thread the webbing through the triangles and use the webbing if I need a higher weight rating (for showing it off to other people, for example).

My $0.02.

EDIT: Also recommend Dutch Clips whether you're using the stock webbing suspension or whoopies and huggers... Dutch stuff always makes life easier. ^.^

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If you're staying stock, webbing. It's pretty simple and fool-proof. Personally, I find it a bit difficult to adjust because you have to separate the triangles and angle them back and so on. Can be tricky. I switched to whoopies and love 'em. If you're small enough to rock Dynaglide whoopies, it saves a pretty good amount of weight and bulk. But I think they're easier and more versatile. People complain about the fact that you can't hang the hammock as close to the tree (and, therefore, you are more limited in site selection due to a smaller range of distances between trees), but that's not at all true if you use a continuous loop at the gather and use some other means to attach the whoopies to the loop (Dutch whoopie hooks recommended). If you need to hang close, just put the continuous loop over the toggle and skip the whoopie altogether. The BB comes with a continuous loop already on the end with triangles on it. I leave that loop with the triangles on. That way, I can use my DG whoopies for light and simple, or thread the webbing through the triangles and use the webbing if I need a higher weight rating (for showing it off to other people, for example).

My $0.02.

EDIT: Also recommend Dutch Clips whether you're using the stock webbing suspension or whoopies and huggers... Dutch stuff always makes life easier. ^.^
    +1 on this. Go with the straps to start and switch to something else over time if you want. I ended up going to the whoopies as well, largely for the same reason. Many find the triangles easy to adjust - my fingers don't - at least in comparison to whoopies.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by brockthecool2 View Post
    Well I'm glad to hear all the positive reviews! If I do end up going with the WBBB, Which suspension should I go with?
    i like the convienience of the adjustable straps.

Hammock
    WBBB XL custom 1.1 single.
    Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    I am on my third WBBB in about that many years. Nothing wrong with any of them, I just keep trying something different. I currently use the 1.1 single because I like the lay I get and the light weight. I found the webbing straps bulky and heavy and a bit hard to adjust. In all the models I owned I completely changed out the suspension for whoopies. You can't get much lighter and easier to adjust than a set of whoopies! Also, you can't go wrong with Warbonnet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123