Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Snugpak AW Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware W Straps
    Hi there! Happy New Year to you all. This is my first post here and I am interested as well in meeting up with some fellow hangers. This will be my second time using a hammock. My first experience hanging was a backpacking trip I did last August in the Trinity Alps Wilderness. I didn't have an UQ then, but my gf just got me a Phoenix 20 for Christmas. I'm pretty excited to use it! I'm also planning on acquiring a Burrow 50 TQ.
    Last edited by backpacker_fan@tic; 01-05-2015 at 23:16. Reason: edit

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Anyone up for Friday the 16th? Pretty lose to the date but I am sure we all have things we want to show off from Christmas.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Snugpak AW Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware W Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCpod View Post
    Anyone up for Friday the 16th? Pretty lose to the date but I am sure we all have things we want to show off from Christmas.

I could perhaps be able to do it around March and the coming months. It would be nice to test all those gears that we've received this past Christmas though. ;-)

SLCpod, how do you like your XLC? I'm planning on getting the regular WBBB sometime this year, I just need to get use to my HH first. Haha

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 1.6 DBL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly + Noah 12
    Insulation
    New River Long
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    March sounds like a pretty good time frame for me also. FYI.....Put up my Kelty Noah's 12x12 today in the backyard. going to hang tomorrow night. good time to try some pad / UQ solutions. I saw a guy in a video use a reflective tarp under his hammock... don't have the cash for a full blown UQ right now. My sleeping bag is a 20 degree... ha ha. Bust out my Biolight stove and make some mocha and top ramen.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Pt. Reyes, Sky Camp,
    is always nice if the weather cooperates.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Snugpak AW Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware W Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by garyg763 View Post
    Pt. Reyes, Sky Camp,
    is always nice if the weather cooperates.
    I was actually looking into Point Reyes after I stumbled upon a youtube video where a guy did a backpacking trip in the same area. I asked him if there were trees around where I could hang a hammock, and he mentioned that Sky Camp had a bunch of them. So, thank you for verifying that.
    Last edited by backpacker_fan@tic; 01-09-2015 at 23:20.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood

who knows about good places to hang in northern california?

Quote Originally Posted by backpacker_fan@tic View Post
    I could perhaps be able to do it around March and the coming months. It would be nice to test all those gears that we've received this past Christmas though. ;-)

SLCpod, how do you like your XLC? I'm planning on getting the regular WBBB sometime this year, I just need to get use to my HH first. Haha
    The XLC has had limited use because it is still less than a year old. It has been comfy for the times I have laid in it. I really like my hennessy as well. It took a couple nights to get adjusted and tweaked to my liking but after that it was great.

I see that some were thinking March. Let's plan on it.

Hammock
    Clarke NX 250's/WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Vert/HG CF3/S Fly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Z liner
    Suspension
    Dutch
    How about a west side central Sierra location sometime this Spring? I would come up from So Cal for a few days.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*

Northern California Hang

Quote Originally Posted by signguy View Post
    How about a west side central Sierra location sometime this Spring? I would come up from So Cal for a few days.
    I am definitely in. March sounds great. My 14 year old son and I got some new Dutch Bling for Christmas that we are looking forward to hanging out with. Tomorrow I am sending my new Hennessy Ultralite Explorer to Donna at 2QZQ for a Zipper Mod, and when it comes back, I'm going to switch out the suspension for Whoopie Slings. I'm not much of a DIYer, but should be fun to try something new. Anyway, looking forward to some trips before we move to Utah this summer.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Snugpak AW Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware W Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    I am definitely in. March sounds great. My 14 year old son and I got some new Dutch Bling for Christmas that we are looking forward to hanging out with. Tomorrow I am sending my new Hennessy Ultralite Explorer to Donna at 2QZQ for a Zipper Mod, and when it comes back, I'm going to switch out the suspension for Whoopie Slings. I'm not much of a DIYer, but should be fun to try something new. Anyway, looking forward to some trips before we move to Utah this summer.
    I'm down to go as well. Just curious, have any of you tried to convert to a better suspension system? I've recently changed my stock suspension setup from Atlas straps with carabiners to Dutch cinch buckle system. I dropped a decent amount of weight, but ended up switching to a more wider tarp which added close to 10 ounces. My total setup not including UQ and TQ is about 4 lbs. Below is a partial breakdown of my hammock system. I'm curious if you guys are down to share the weight of your sleep system as well as this would give some of us ideas on how to shave weight on our hammock setup.

Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym Zip with regular Asym tarp inside Snake Skins XL, 2 Atlas straps and 2 Black Diamond carabiners. Total wt: 61.85 oz.
    NEW SYSTEM:
    Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym Zip Cinch buckle combo inside Snake Skins XL, 2 15' webbing straps dutch buckles with Snugpak 10'x10' All Weather Tarp, Dutchware Zing-it CRL system. Total wt: 71.05 oz.

** 9.2 oz difference but with a bigger tarp and no carabiners.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast